No registration required

choetech qi wireless charger warning

OP dougiefresh181

13th April 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

61 posts
More
i purchased the square choetech qi charger, the t511, off of amazon for $25-ish, and overall it seems pretty nice and works well, no overheating or anything. HOWEVER, i couldnt help but notice in the instructions it says specifically for our phone that this charger WILL NOT STOP CHARGING when the phone reaches 100%. it says that instead of yoyo charging like ordinary chargers, it will continue to charge at a lower amperage, which is supposedly safe according to the instructions. however, i did notice with current widget that when the phone is at 100% on the charger, it is still receiving more current than the phone is using, meaning that the battery is still charging/overcharging after it has reached maximum. this does not seem safe. i do not know if this is a problem with the charger or with the phone or what, but i cannot recommend this charger to anyone currently.

if i am wrong, please feel free to correct me. i am not trying to come off as menacing or like im spreading anything, this just doesnt seem right. clarity is appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140412_224625.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	2682972  
The Following User Says Thank You to dougiefresh181 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Don't worry about your phone.

All Li-ion/polymer batteries have a charge controller, which cuts the power to the batery when it's fully charged.
The stock travel charger that comes with the phone doesn't stop to deliver to the phone also.

Cheers.
27th April 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddss

Don't worry about your phone.

All Li-ion/polymer batteries have a charge controller, which cuts the power to the batery when it's fully charged.
The stock travel charger that comes with the phone doesn't stop to deliver to the phone also.

Cheers.

kk thanks. i must have misunderstood
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread