No registration required

CHOETECH T513 Wireless Charger Review with Coupon Code

OP feihu989

11th April 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I have tried CHOETECH T511 before, basically speaking, this T513 is very like the T511 that they released on 2013, same carve on the pad, same smooth feeling when i touch the pad, and same led indication when connect the power source on. The LED light is smaller and less bright than T511 square version, this is a small improvement but according to the review of T511, this might compliment many buyers who want to use it in bedroom, and it has no sound beeping like the old version.

2 improvements:
1. The design is more fashion with shining silver side, add some element of metal.
2. The solution has 3 coils inside, it makes the charging area much bigger than 1 coil solution. Any place on this pad is the sweet spot so you can just put the phone on the pad and it starts charging, very convenient.

This pad seems too smooth to place the Nexus 4 like the old version, if the table is not very flat, it will slide a little bit. But it has no problem of draining battery after charging complete. And it generates less heat than most other brands, never higher than 104 F.

Here is the 30% off coupon code from Amazon: IAWP6WRN

11th April 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

261 posts
Thumbs down SPAM
Look at the CHOETECH spammers with low post counts pimping the CHOETECH brand. I actually owned one and it's very poor quality, weak solder joints , fragile plastic parts. I feel obligated to speak out against this BS hence my post.
11th April 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee

Look at the CHOETECH spammers with low post counts pimping the CHOETECH brand. I actually owned one and it's very poor quality, weak solder joints , fragile plastic parts. I feel obligated to speak out against this BS hence my post.

I would hope more people here could share some unbiased opinion here.
The Following User Says Thank You to shamima For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamima

I have the one coil version with no problems. Got it for $25 if I remember correctly so i'm not complaining.
11th April 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #5  
New York
Thanks Meter: 28

146 posts
I owned one of their earlier devices. It wasn't bad for the price. However, compared with the official Google Nexus Wireless Charger, there were some serious overheating issues associated with the Choe.

To be specific, my device would heat up to about 50-70 C (depending on how long I'd leave it on the charger), when my device would be in deep sleep. I can't imagine how hot it'd get if I was texting or using hangouts intermittently while trying to charge it.

Also, with the choe, I found it annoying that my device slipped all over the plastic top and not easily finding the "sweet spot."
Last edited by TheAltruistic; 11th April 2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Typos + adding info
11th April 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 34

261 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamima

You talking about me? Heh. Unbiased. LOL!
13th April 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bay City, MI
Thanks Meter: 286

1,234 posts
More
I've got 2 choe chargers. Can't remember the model but they work great. No over heating and placement hasn't been an issue.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!
21st April 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 157

402 posts
More
Anyone having this problem?
I got the T513 based on a recommendation that I saw in a Verizon Note 3 "Wireless Charging" thread... for the intended use of - you guessed it - wirelessly charging my Verizon Note 3. The reason it was recommended was due to the larger size of the pad (large phone needs a large pad so it doesn't fall off), and the 3 coils.

Today was the first day that I've used it at work. I put my phone on it (blue LED came on), and when it got to about 98% battery level, it seemed like the charger would turn off (LED turned off), my phone would wake up, and then charging would start again (LED came on)... and would repeat this cycle about every 30 seconds.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

It seems like my phone is saying "OK, I've had enough charging" and ending the charge connection, which is then re-activated within seconds, only for my phone to say it's had its fill again. Weird.

I really don't want it to do this. I don't mind so much at work, since the phone is in plain view, and I can take the phone off the plate when I see it start to cycle like this. However, I'm curious if this same thing is happening while I'm charging my phone at home while I sleep.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrPhant0m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread