Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compatible 2A USB cable for Wireless charger

Tip us?

fiveaboy2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Compatible 2A USB cable for Wireless charger

Hi,
I brought the nexus wireless charger so I could use it in my car as a car charger alongside my infiniapps holder. I have everything mounted ok but I cant seem to find a cable that will allow me to connect to the charger without the dreaded red light.

I brought the portapow one from amazon which was meant to allow high amperage, but after needing to hack it so the plug would go into the charger (silly design) it still didnt work - so now I have a 5 dud cable lying around.

The difficulty is that the original cable is not long enough - my belkin charger for the cigarette lighter is ok - and Id rather not have to wire in another cigarette lighter behind the dash - so any 2 meter confirmed working cables that can be shipped to the UK out there?

Thanks!

99RedB
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Two meters? That's a heck of a length of cable - are you sure you really need that much?

jeffsf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 975

DONATE TO ME
I've had good luck with the Monoprice USB cables. The "28/24 AWG" ones supposedly have the thicker (24 AWG) wires for the power than the usual cables on the market. I have several of the 6' (~2m) ones that I use at my desk when doing dev work. They aren't floppy like the cheap cables, so I don't generally use them in the car or other places where strain on the USB connector could be an issue.

Their International page suggest that they are available through Amazon UK.
Nexus 5, custom OmniROM builds (don't panic, it means I can brick my SGS4G without fear)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G -- Development version of OmniROM
Fromerly: Development version of Team Acid's CM9 source, Hefe Kernel of Darkness, KG4 modem.
Working on: Cleaning up the build tree for OmniROM and Samsung kernel sources

WiFi Performance, GB vs. ICS, and how to measure it yourself.

FreeBSD, Ubuntu, MacOS X, OpenWRT
Motorola Micro-TAC ("Micro" ) Nokia 2160, 8260, 6681, E70, N900, then had to move on