Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 53,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cruzerlite Nexus 5 Skin Review

Tip us?

djkleric
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thumbs up Cruzerlite Nexus 5 Skin Review

I purchased this skin directly from Cruzerlite and it came with in a few days time. I have had a few skins for my Nexus 5 and this one fits and feels really well. The cut outs are spot on and each side piece fits perfectly around the edges. I did have to use a hair dryer to smooth out the corners a bit but that is to be expected.
I like the texture of the skin; kind of like a lizard skin if you will. The color however isn't close to the render that we is on Amazon or Cruzerlite.com. It is more of a light green or if you want to compare the color to a fruit - Avocado, and not lime green. Yes monitors can differ from one another and can cause it to look different, however, my monitors are calibrated.

The skin will protect the phone from scratches and scrapes and it makes the phone more to your style. It is made with 3M vinyl and it is fairly thick which helped with the instillation. I tried a Florescent Red from Cruzerlite and that skin was very thin and was hard to get on correctly. Not sure if all of the Florescent skins are thin like the one I had.

Pros-
Easy Instillation
Great Fit
Protects from Scratches
Price
Look and Feel
Extra Fronts and Sides just in case you mess up some how.

Cons-
Color is a bit off from the render.

On to the florescent red skin.
This one is a bit of a different story.
The skin was very thin and hard to align and Could not for the life of me get the bubbles out of it. I did like the color of it though. Very bright!
I would for the time being stay away from those skins. Too difficult and too bubbly.

The Following User Says Thank You to djkleric For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kong
Old
Thanks Meter 797
Did you use a hair dryer when installing the green one? If that’s the result I would definitely stay away from it – I couldn’t use a phone skin with back corners lifted/creased up like that, it will get dust/lint in no time and will eventually peeled off

As I mentioned in the Cruzerlite thread earlier that they should provide “real” images of the skins so the customer know what color/look they’ll really get.

djkleric
Old
(Last edited by djkleric; 23rd February 2014 at 04:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I did after I took the pictures. Much better now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

socaltyger
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Is it just me or do these skins look super tacky and cheapens the phone. It's like wrapping your sofa up in plastic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to socaltyger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cruzerlite, cruzerlite skin review