5,604,219 Members 48,993 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cruzerlite Spi-Force Ripoff. Save money, do not buy Cruzerlite (PROVEN IN POST 25)

Tip us?

persianrisk
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yes I have to say I have started to enjoy helping you in your crusade against cruzerlite

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to persianrisk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Watcher07
Old
Thanks Meter 312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSC View Post
Cruzerlite are trying to screw people over with their new Spi-force case. They are a cheap generic case that they are repackaging and reselling. You can get the case for $2.79 shipped on eBay. Essentially Cruzerlite are showing you what they are willing to sluff off on you at a 450+% mark up. Please do not support this company, It shows what they think of their paying customers when they will blatantly take your money like this.
The reason I take issue with Cruzerlite is because they are a well known quality case maker and now they are pawning this case of on you. And while it may have decent build quality, you are still being gouged.

Ebay $2.79 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Armor-Dual-L...item51b5c3c3f7

Cruzerlite $13 http://www.cruzerlite.com/cases/lg/n...se-for-nexus-5
Find a difference.....

Here are others to show that this is just some generic make that people are reselling as their own. NOT CRUZERLITE'S
Hyperion: http://nexus5accessories.com/hyperio...-rugged-cases/
Kayscase http://www.amazon.com/KAYSCASE-Armor...xus+5+kayscase
Minisuit http://www.amazon.com/Minisuit-Rubbe...US+5+KICKSTAND
Jcase http://www.amazon.com/JKase-DIABLO-S...US+5+KICKSTAND
Fosman http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-HYBO-RA...US+5+KICKSTAND
I really just need to be clear on exactly what's going on here. So, because Cruzerlite is a respected case maker selling a generic case for a significant markup, you're mad at them?

Hyperion makes good cases fyi, but let's not get stuck on that. This is business as usual. Volkswagen has been doing this for years selling parts for the Porsche at a ridiculous markup even though they're the exact same as the VW parts (same part number and everything). This is the common business practice. There's only about three tv panel manufacturers that sell those panels to all the other brand names to slap their names on. Food companies do it all the time with juices, cereals, crackers and such. The list of companies and examples can go on and on.

In a later post of yours on the first page you said this was about business economics and that if someone couldn't understand that then they should stfu, but you're not talking economics, you're talking ethics. From what I gather you're basically pissed that Cruzerlite is passing off a generic case as their own which in and of itself is good business but could be perceived as poor ethics. Anyway, just seems this is less a post meant to educate people and more to wage some kind of personal vendetta against Cruzerlite for some unknown reason.

I've never used a Cruzerlite case but after this thread I'm interested in trying one, though my Diztronic is nice for now. If you wanted this thread to be more educational, then it should have a less aggressive tone than "ZOMG! They're ripping you off!" and more something along the lines of, "Hey, there's these cases over here that are the same as Cruzerlite but at a fraction of the cost!". Anyway, just my .02 cents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watcher07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BCSC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher07 View Post
I really just need to be clear on exactly what's going on here. So, because Cruzerlite is a respected case maker selling a generic case for a significant markup, you're mad at them?

Hyperion makes good cases fyi, but let's not get stuck on that. This is business as usual. Volkswagen has been doing this for years selling parts for the Porsche at a ridiculous markup even though they're the exact same as the VW parts (same part number and everything). This is the common business practice. There's only about three tv panel manufacturers that sell those panels to all the other brand names to slap their names on. Food companies do it all the time with juices, cereals, crackers and such. The list of companies and examples can go on and on.

In a later post of yours on the first page you said this was about business economics and that if someone couldn't understand that then they should stfu, but you're not talking economics, you're talking ethics. From what I gather you're basically pissed that Cruzerlite is passing off a generic case as their own which in and of itself is good business but could be perceived as poor ethics. Anyway, just seems this is less a post meant to educate people and more to wage some kind of personal vendetta against Cruzerlite for some unknown reason.

I've never used a Cruzerlite case but after this thread I'm interested in trying one, though my Diztronic is nice for now. If you wanted this thread to be more educational, then it should have a less aggressive tone than "ZOMG! They're ripping you off!" and more something along the lines of, "Hey, there's these cases over here that are the same as Cruzerlite but at a fraction of the cost!". Anyway, just my .02 cents.
This thread has nothing to do with being mad or any kind of emotion. It is about letting consumers know that they are being hosed by what was for the most part a reputable manufacturer. Imagine if Otterbox slapped their name on this and called it the O-Force, would you be fine with that? Would you recommend it to your friends at the standard Otterbox price of $30 or would you let people know that Otterbox has done this. As for your second paragraph, my comment was that this was NOT an argue about business economics. Originally it was about saving people money by not paying way over price for an item that is no more than a generic case. Kinda like posting a coupon code for screensavers. I will agree that the tone in the OP does come across aggressive, but it is in no way a direct attack. Just spreading awareness to nor overpay and save money just as the title points out.
Flashing ROMs - 60% of the time, it works every time!

/_-------------------------There it is. Go on and click it.

prateek2888
Old
Thanks Meter 20
My two cents, unless someone has held both the cases in his hands and confirmed that there is 0 difference, we cant be 100% sure. pics can be deceiving.
The Following User Says Thank You to prateek2888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techteacher2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek2888 View Post
My two cents, unless someone has held both the cases in his hands and confirmed that there is 0 difference, we cant be 100% sure. pics can be deceiving.
I have...am sure of this. Cases had different outer packaging, but both had the same cardboard insert and are otherwise identical.

I was a little disappointed b/c I ordered the Cruzerlite based on prior experience with their product and their reputation for producing quality cases at reasonable prices. I had actually ordered the cheaper one several days earlier and it shipped from overseas so it took forever to get here. I knew they were similar, but didn't really cross my mind that they would be identical until they both arrived.

For $5 it's a good value...I just wanted an option with a bit more protection than my every day case. Not mad about it, but walk away a little more educated on the topic.

==================================
AT&T
Nexus 5

Retired/Sold: Nexus 4, HTC One XL, Atrix, Samsung Slate 7, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tilt 2, Fuze
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to techteacher2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BCSC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by techteacher2 View Post
I have...am sure of this. Cases had different outer packaging, but both had the same cardboard insert and are otherwise identical.

I was a little disappointed b/c I ordered the Cruzerlite based on prior experience with their product and their reputation for producing quality cases at reasonable prices. I had actually ordered the cheaper one several days earlier and it shipped from overseas so it took forever to get here. I knew they were similar, but didn't really cross my mind that they would be identical until they both arrived.

For $5 it's a good value...I just wanted an option with a bit more protection than my every day case. Not mad about it, but walk away a little more educated on the topic.

Thank you!
Flashing ROMs - 60% of the time, it works every time!

/_-------------------------There it is. Go on and click it.

mr_mojorisen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Well this is a really stupid move on the part of Cruzerlite. Didn't they know that it would only be a matter of days before someone figured this out and posted the proof?

If you want to sell 6 dollar cases for 12 dollars, you need to maintain your reputation. This doesn't help.

spicydicy
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidguy987 View Post
These are fake imitation. I have a few of these and a real spigen one. They even have fake warranty cards, but the text is changed a little bit. They are labeled as NED HYBRID.

You get what you pay for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Black 32GB Nexus 5 / Black 32GB Nexus 7 2013
Black 16GB Nexus 4 / Black 32GB Nexus 7
White 32GB Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747M
Blue 32GB Asus Transformer TF300 + Dock

augoza
Old
Thanks Meter 14
So we should buy on their official website?

current device..
Nexus 5 non-rooted Stock
previously..
HTC One m7 non-rooted Stock
iPhone 4s jailbroken
HTC Supersonic rooted