XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cruzerlite TruGlass Screen Protector Review

Tip us?

kennyo112
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Cruzerlite TruGlass Screen Protector Review

I should mention, I really dislike cases and most screen protectors in general. When I received my Nexus 5, I wanted to add some protection, however I did not want to put a case as I love the way the phone feels. I ordered one of the cheaper PET film protectors for my friend's N5 and after installing it on his I gave one a try on mine- I could live with it as you could barely see it, but I was not happy with the way it slightly changed the feel of the screen and it was a big fingerprint magnet, so my screen always looked dirty. Someone recommended the TruGlass Screen Protector and while it seemed great, I hesitated on spending $30 on a screen protector as you only get one shot at the perfect install. After much back and forth I finally ordered it. After ordering I got an email that stated there was a delay and it would be about a week and a half before it could ship - the email came with a $10 credit to use on another Cruzerlite product, which was a nice touch.

I received the screen protector a week later, it came with a little kit to assist with install and I used the method of taping the protector to the side of the phone before peeling the film back. The install went perfect and the protector looked and felt great. Only issue was that there was a slight chip on the top left corner. Other than the chip it was everything I wanted - completely clear, it kept finger prints away and it did not change the responsiveness or feeling of the naked screen. I immediately emailed Cruzerlite about the issue and quickly got a response letting me know they would happily send out a replacement free of charge if I could just send a picture of the issue. I received the second screen protect just a few days later (which was impressive given it was sent around the holidays) and it is absolutely perfect. It doesn't go completely to the edge of the device, so it can be used with a case - but it goes far enough to the edge that you do not have to use a case.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions about the product.

tl;dl Coming from someone that likes "naked" devices, I would highly recommend spending the premium on TruGlass protector. It looks and feel great. Added bonus is Cruzerlite's amazing customer service.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kennyo112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fire1ce
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Great to read this. my is on the way to Israel. will take some time i guess...
can u plz post some pics for your device with the screen protector?

kennyo112
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire1ce View Post
Great to read this. my is on the way to Israel. will take some time i guess...
can u plz post some pics for your device with the screen protector?
Here is a pic of the first one that had the chip, it's dirty but you can see how far to the edges the protector goes. Once cleaned, it looks flawless but it's really the touch that stands out as the best feature - it feels exactly like the naked screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131221_162341.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	2487710  

joelmic
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo112 View Post
Here is a pic of the first one that had the chip, it's dirty but you can see how far to the edges the protector goes. Once cleaned, it looks flawless but it's really the touch that stands out as the best feature - it feels exactly like the naked screen.
very nice
I design cases
Check them out

kennyo112
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelmic View Post
very nice
Such a great product. I just noticed they are available for the GS4 as well, I am going to have to pick one up for my wife's phone.

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
(Last edited by DowntownJeffBrown; 11th January 2014 at 03:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3362
Ok so I got my hands on Cruzerlite TruGlass Screen Protector. First off I had sworn off glass screen protectors because of a past experience. But I thought what hell let's see what their protectors are all about. The price is very good compared to a lot of the competition first off. The screen protector is Lab tested nano-glass, Oleophobic coated, has a Anti-shatter film, has a 9H hardness rating and 0.25 MM thick. I applied the protector using the hinge method and it was a perfect apply. It seemed to just suction to the screen and all bubbles just ran out. Every corner stuck perfect which was my main issue with my previous glass screen protector that scared me away from these (was another brand). I honestly think the glass feels so much better than the screen of the nexus 5 itself. My finger just glides across the screen now and the glass is Crystal clear. It works well with every case I've tried which is a huge plus for those of us that use cases. Another thing I noticed is how easy it is to clean the screen. I've now had it on for over two weeks and everything looks like the day I applied it. I highly recommend these screen protectors and if I ever need to get another screen protector for my n5 it I'll be getting another one of these.

http://www.cruzerlite.com/screen-pro...-glass-nexus-5

Ok on to my pics

>^.^< Sent From Meow G2
Tags
cruzerlite, nexus 5, screen protection, truglass