5,599,033 Members 31,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Diztronic Voyeur Case for LG Nexus 5 (Black)

Tip us?

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by con4n007 View Post
I'm an early adopter and mine is 100% no scratch at all though I dont remove the plastic covering it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double03 View Post
So far, no scratches on the acrylic. I am pretty careful about avoiding keys etc that would likely scratch it, so ymmv.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmedei9 View Post
No scratches on mine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all that replied. I ended up ordering this last week and received it on Friday. I actually have two questions:
1) Does the acrylic push up against the "nexus" on your N5 causing black splotches? Check out the first attachment to see what I mean (it sticks out the most on the "n" and "e"). At first, I thought it was dirt, but there was nothing there, and I noticed they spread out when I push down on the acrylic.

2) Do yours have the dot next to the speaker cutout (shown in the second attachment)? I assume so, as it might just be from the injection for the mold?

Just want to know to see if I should exchange for another if these aren't normal. Thanks again for the input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140317_115558.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	2635772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140317_115938.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	2635775  

Double03
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
Thanks to all that replied. I ended up ordering this last week and received it on Friday. I actually have two questions:
1) Does the acrylic push up against the "nexus" on your N5 causing black splotches? Check out the first attachment to see what I mean (it sticks out the most on the "n" and "e"). At first, I thought it was dirt, but there was nothing there, and I noticed they spread out when I push down on the acrylic.

2) Do yours have the dot next to the speaker cutout (shown in the second attachment)? I assume so, as it might just be from the injection for the mold?

Just want to know to see if I should exchange for another if these aren't normal. Thanks again for the input!
My Nexus is white, so I can't speak to the splotches. Likely due to the softer material of the black.

Yes, the dot is due to the injection process. I noticed it and asked, the owner confirmed what it was.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote:

Did you remove the inside plastic lining on the acrylic?

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double03 View Post
My Nexus is white, so I can't speak to the splotches. Likely due to the softer material of the black.

Yes, the dot is due to the injection process. I noticed it and asked, the owner confirmed what it was.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Did you remove the inside plastic lining on the acrylic?

Cool. Thanks for confirming about the dot. And yeah, I triple checked to make sure I removed all the plastic lining. There was one on the inside and two on the outside.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

joelmic
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Cool. Thanks for confirming about the dot. And yeah, I triple checked to make sure I removed all the plastic lining. There was one on the inside and two on the outside.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
the Voyeur is now in stock on Amazon uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diztronic-Vo...dp/B00HNYVY60/
I design cases
Check them out