Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DX deal extreme

Tip us?

dave2metz
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Hopefully that Slimport works okay for you. I've tried a couple different so called Slimports that didn't work with the Nexus 5 even though it says it does. The best one on the market for the Nexus 5 is the Analogix SlimPort SP1003. Great quality, perfect picture etc. Hopefully the one you ordered will be good...

NEXUS 5
ADDICTED TO XDA SINCE 2010

- NEXUS 5 -

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz View Post
Hopefully that Slimport works okay for you. I've tried a couple different so called Slimports that didn't work with the Nexus 5 even though it says it does. The best one on the market for the Nexus 5 is the Analogix SlimPort SP1003. Great quality, perfect picture etc. Hopefully the one you ordered will be good...

NEXUS 5
Do you happen to know where I can pick up that Analogix SlimPort for a reasonable price? It looks like it's only available on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for like $50. I can't find any other reputable merchant that has it for it's original $30 price. Thanks.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
Do you happen to know where I can pick up that Analogix SlimPort for a reasonable price? It looks like it's only available on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for like $50. I can't find any other reputable merchant that has it for it's original $30 price. Thanks.
Anything more than $30 and you might as well buy a Chromecast or similar wireless dongle instead.
W32

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Anything more than $30 and you might as well buy a Chromecast or similar wireless dongle instead.
I actually already have a Chromecast. While it's great for streaming services like YouTube, it's not so great for playing local content. I've tried AllCast, but if the MKV file contains DTS audio (which most of mine do), I don't get any audio. Plus, a lot of my videos are high bitrate, so I'd rather hook up directly rather than stream wirelessly.

dave2metz
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Buy it directly from Analogix. You can watch much more than you can with Chromecast. Mine arrived in like 3 days.

NEXUS 5
ADDICTED TO XDA SINCE 2010

- NEXUS 5 -

wolfen69
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
I actually already have a Chromecast. While it's great for streaming services like YouTube, it's not so great for playing local content. I've tried AllCast, but if the MKV file contains DTS audio (which most of mine do), I don't get any audio. Plus, a lot of my videos are high bitrate, so I'd rather hook up directly rather than stream wirelessly.
Try JustCast. My roomie has had some success playing videos with it.

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz View Post
Buy it directly from Analogix. You can watch much more than you can with Chromecast. Mine arrived in like 3 days.

NEXUS 5
I actually tried, but I don't see a link to buy it anywhere on their website. Maybe they don't sell it anymore?