Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

DX deal extreme

OP nldxda

8th April 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #11  
dave2metz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 191
 
1,203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Hopefully that Slimport works okay for you. I've tried a couple different so called Slimports that didn't work with the Nexus 5 even though it says it does. The best one on the market for the Nexus 5 is the Analogix SlimPort SP1003. Great quality, perfect picture etc. Hopefully the one you ordered will be good...

NEXUS 5
8th May 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz

Hopefully that Slimport works okay for you. I've tried a couple different so called Slimports that didn't work with the Nexus 5 even though it says it does. The best one on the market for the Nexus 5 is the Analogix SlimPort SP1003. Great quality, perfect picture etc. Hopefully the one you ordered will be good...

NEXUS 5

Do you happen to know where I can pick up that Analogix SlimPort for a reasonable price? It looks like it's only available on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for like $50. I can't find any other reputable merchant that has it for it's original $30 price. Thanks.
8th May 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 373
 
1,522 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

Do you happen to know where I can pick up that Analogix SlimPort for a reasonable price? It looks like it's only available on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for like $50. I can't find any other reputable merchant that has it for it's original $30 price. Thanks.

Anything more than $30 and you might as well buy a Chromecast or similar wireless dongle instead.
8th May 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

Anything more than $30 and you might as well buy a Chromecast or similar wireless dongle instead.

I actually already have a Chromecast. While it's great for streaming services like YouTube, it's not so great for playing local content. I've tried AllCast, but if the MKV file contains DTS audio (which most of mine do), I don't get any audio. Plus, a lot of my videos are high bitrate, so I'd rather hook up directly rather than stream wirelessly.
8th May 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #15  
dave2metz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 191
 
1,203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Buy it directly from Analogix. You can watch much more than you can with Chromecast. Mine arrived in like 3 days.

NEXUS 5
8th May 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #16  
wolfen69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 191
 
626 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

I actually already have a Chromecast. While it's great for streaming services like YouTube, it's not so great for playing local content. I've tried AllCast, but if the MKV file contains DTS audio (which most of mine do), I don't get any audio. Plus, a lot of my videos are high bitrate, so I'd rather hook up directly rather than stream wirelessly.

Try JustCast. My roomie has had some success playing videos with it.
8th May 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz

Buy it directly from Analogix. You can watch much more than you can with Chromecast. Mine arrived in like 3 days.

NEXUS 5

I actually tried, but I don't see a link to buy it anywhere on their website. Maybe they don't sell it anymore?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes