Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

DX deal extreme

OP nldxda

8th April 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #11  
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 176

1,162 posts
More
Hopefully that Slimport works okay for you. I've tried a couple different so called Slimports that didn't work with the Nexus 5 even though it says it does. The best one on the market for the Nexus 5 is the Analogix SlimPort SP1003. Great quality, perfect picture etc. Hopefully the one you ordered will be good...

NEXUS 5
8th May 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #12  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 144

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz

Hopefully that Slimport works okay for you. I've tried a couple different so called Slimports that didn't work with the Nexus 5 even though it says it does. The best one on the market for the Nexus 5 is the Analogix SlimPort SP1003. Great quality, perfect picture etc. Hopefully the one you ordered will be good...

NEXUS 5

Do you happen to know where I can pick up that Analogix SlimPort for a reasonable price? It looks like it's only available on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for like $50. I can't find any other reputable merchant that has it for it's original $30 price. Thanks.
8th May 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #13  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 325

1,382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

Do you happen to know where I can pick up that Analogix SlimPort for a reasonable price? It looks like it's only available on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for like $50. I can't find any other reputable merchant that has it for it's original $30 price. Thanks.

Anything more than $30 and you might as well buy a Chromecast or similar wireless dongle instead.
8th May 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #14  
Flag Orange County, CA

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

Anything more than $30 and you might as well buy a Chromecast or similar wireless dongle instead.

I actually already have a Chromecast. While it's great for streaming services like YouTube, it's not so great for playing local content. I've tried AllCast, but if the MKV file contains DTS audio (which most of mine do), I don't get any audio. Plus, a lot of my videos are high bitrate, so I'd rather hook up directly rather than stream wirelessly.
8th May 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #15  
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 176

1,162 posts
More
Buy it directly from Analogix. You can watch much more than you can with Chromecast. Mine arrived in like 3 days.

NEXUS 5
8th May 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #16  
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 166

554 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

I actually already have a Chromecast. While it's great for streaming services like YouTube, it's not so great for playing local content. I've tried AllCast, but if the MKV file contains DTS audio (which most of mine do), I don't get any audio. Plus, a lot of my videos are high bitrate, so I'd rather hook up directly rather than stream wirelessly.

Try JustCast. My roomie has had some success playing videos with it.
8th May 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #17  
Flag Orange County, CA

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz

Buy it directly from Analogix. You can watch much more than you can with Chromecast. Mine arrived in like 3 days.

NEXUS 5

I actually tried, but I don't see a link to buy it anywhere on their website. Maybe they don't sell it anymore?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread