Expensive Plastic or Cheap Glass screen protector?

OP nikssims

29th August 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

44 posts
I am trying to decide between what screen protector should i buy. As my budget is very limited, i have to take this matter very seriously. I brought a pack of 5 screen protectors a while ago for my nexus 5, for just 2.50 euros.

They did their job well, clarity of them was not the best but usable, they protected the screen from scratches, though installation of them on my screen was pain in the ass. I used only 2 from the pack of 5 because the other 3 were wasted in the installation process. Huge bubbles underneath that were impossible to push out afterwards, thus making the screen unusable.

Next time i sent the same pack again for the same price, but the seller sent me completely different screen protectors, that were impossible to see through and had no glue at all how to stick them on screen. Basically ripoff. Still have them, if someone wants a pic just ask.

So now i am using a screen protector that came with Spigen case for more than month, might be even 2 months, and the screen protector is just littered with scratches, so i need a replacement fast. As i don't want to get ripped off by another cheating seller, i decided to buy one or two glass protectors. I found this one LINK

Is that one good for a glass protector?

As far as i looked, the plastic screen protector price ranges from less than 1 euro to 5 or so euros. But glass protector price ranges from 5 euros to even up to 50 euros. So should i buy expensive plastic or cheap glass?

Also, is installation more reliable for glass protectors? I don't want to wait for 3 weeks for one screen protector, and in the end have to struggle with installation, possibly wasting the money and time.

And if anybody knows, will eBay ship faster from England to Eastern Europe, than from China to Eastern Europe?
29th August 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chichester
Thanks Meter: 12

57 posts
More
This is what I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly%C2%AE-...tempered+glass

I bought one when it first came out, it went on very easily with no bubbles and still looks as new. I'll never use a plastic screen protector again.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to butterbeanmash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikssims

I am trying to decide between what screen protector should i buy. As my budget is very limited, i have to take this matter very seriously. I brought a pack of 5 screen protectors a while ago for my nexus 5, for just 2.50 euros.

They did their job well, clarity of them was not the best but usable, they protected the screen from scratches, though installation of them on my screen was pain in the ass. I used only 2 from the pack of 5 because the other 3 were wasted in the installation process. Huge bubbles underneath that were impossible to push out afterwards, thus making the screen unusable.

Next time i sent the same pack again for the same price, but the seller sent me completely different screen protectors, that were impossible to see through and had no glue at all how to stick them on screen. Basically ripoff. Still have them, if someone wants a pic just ask.

So now i am using a screen protector that came with Spigen case for more than month, might be even 2 months, and the screen protector is just littered with scratches, so i need a replacement fast. As i don't want to get ripped off by another cheating seller, i decided to buy one or two glass protectors. I found this one LINK

Is that one good for a glass protector?

As far as i looked, the plastic screen protector price ranges from less than 1 euro to 5 or so euros. But glass protector price ranges from 5 euros to even up to 50 euros. So should i buy expensive plastic or cheap glass?

Also, is installation more reliable for glass protectors? I don't want to wait for 3 weeks for one screen protector, and in the end have to struggle with installation, possibly wasting the money and time.

And if anybody knows, will eBay ship faster from England to Eastern Europe, than from China to Eastern Europe?

I use the nillkin glass screenprotector. Ordered here
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1467811...bilesitedetail

Very happy with it for 5 months now. Very smooth, no scratches whatsoever! And installation was super easy. Just make sure to clean and degrease the screen thoroughly, and no dust of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy_Henk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #4  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Henk

I use the nillkin glass screenprotector. Ordered here
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1467811...bilesitedetail

Very happy with it for 5 months now. Very smooth, no scratches whatsoever! And installation was super easy. Just make sure to clean and degrease the screen thoroughly, and no dust of course.

Wow 11$ for a screen protector. How long is shipping ?
29th August 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

44 posts
Audio
Ok thanks for your replies , i just brought 2 of these LINK

And shipping time from Great Britain to Eastern Europe is around 10 days, at-least it says so in eBay, if anybody wants to know.

I will most likely post how it went and everything about it as soon as it comes.

If you want you can keep discussing screen protectors here.

I just canceled the purchase because it for some reason needs some kind of soap solution for installation. I don't want to mess my phone with soap and water. I will look at the links you sent and i will most likely purchase one of those or both, until i get my money back i cant yet tell anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgytRrIDHEw not for nexus 5 but the same company and the same screen protector.
Last edited by nikssims; 29th August 2014 at 07:11 PM.
29th August 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusisf

Wow 11$ for a screen protector. How long is shipping ?

2-3 weeks to Belgium
30th August 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I'm using the nillkin screen protector too!ordered from china 2 months ago, had to wait 1 month to have it!so far it's very good!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread