5,597,647 Members 34,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Generic eBay hardcase reviews: Who knew $0.99 could be so good! (Quicksand Wins!!!!!)

Tip us?

mmmmBACON
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamshao View Post
Hey all, wanted to give you my experience with these. I bought two kinds: the frosted one and the quicksand 2.0 in white. I'll say that I definitely liked the feel of the quicksand more than I thought I would. It just kinda clings to you, and has this nice feel to it. I will say though that the white has gotten dirty (and doesn't really wash off) as expected, but still functions nicely.

The frosted one is nice too, but I don't like the feel of it as much as the quicksand. It also didn't look that great on my black Nexus 5, so take it from me, if you are going to get a frosted case, only do so if you have the white Nexus 5.

On a separate note, I won't be using the frosted case at all, so if anybody wants it from me, I'll send it to you if you cover the cost of shipping (what, maybe a buck?)
Yeah I said in the OP (back in December!!) that the semi-transparent frosted cases do not look very good on the Black Nexus 5; that they would really only look good on the White. You probably should have read my review first/looked at the pictures before ordering it for your Black phone. They are very nice cases, just the colour is dulled out on the Black Nexus 5.

teamshao
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON View Post
Yeah I said in the OP (back in December!!) that the semi-transparent frosted cases do not look very good on the Black Nexus 5; that they would really only look good on the White. You probably should have read my review first/looked at the pictures before ordering it for your Black phone. They are very nice cases, just the colour is dulled out on the Black Nexus 5.
Lol no, I read the review, just thought that maybe the feel of it would be nice enough to outweigh the look. Turns out you were 100% right, my friend.
Sony Ericsson z520a -> Sony Ericsson w810i -> Sony Ericsson w760a -> Sony Ericsson c905a -> Nokia N8 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc -> HTC One S -> Google Nexus 4 -> Google Nexus 5

mmmmBACON
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamshao View Post
Lol no, I read the review, just thought that maybe the feel of it would be nice enough to outweigh the look. Turns out you were 100% right, my friend.
Haha, no worries. I've done the same thing lots of times. See one thing, decide to go for it anyway!

hbkekko
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i'm searching for something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/O0g1feV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YKBRVjz.jpg

i bought one of it but it quickly starts to be dirty and i really can't clean it, neither with soap. is there any way to clean it or do you know any case on the web like that keeps itself clean (or easy clean) that ships in italy?

CoronaDelux
Old
Thanks Meter 15
So I just received my quicksliver v2 cases, and I have to say they were worth every bit of the $2.05 I spent on them. Like the OP mentioned, the edges are a bit unfinished on one of my cases, but it's nothing a little sanding can't fix.

WatermelonMan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I enjoy the look of thes cases very much!

bushako
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I got a bit of dint, if it can be called that, on the top right corner about 5mm from the top and right where the sharp edge of the cover touches the bezel. Tried being careful while removing the cover but still. It's pretty small and only noticeable when paying close attention. But wth it didn't stop me from using the case, best looking case and great feel to the quicksand finish.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 32GB, Mahdi Rom 2.5, Franco Kernel and FKU.

teamshao
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I got this green one on ebay for 0.99 on a bid auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-New-Quic...3D231202143400

Just got it in the mail yesterday. It's actually really nice, but I'm not sure if this is really a QuickSand case because the texture doesn't seem like the white quicksand one I had already had. This one actually feels more like a hardened paper mache. Nevertheless, I really like this one and will use it for a while, especially since it was so cheap!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkekko View Post
i'm searching for something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/O0g1feV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YKBRVjz.jpg

i bought one of it but it quickly starts to be dirty and i really can't clean it, neither with soap. is there any way to clean it or do you know any case on the web like that keeps itself clean (or easy clean) that ships in italy?
Nah, it's pretty much impossible to keep white cases clean. The good news is that these things are so cheap that you can just buy another once you get annoyed by how dirty it is. Good luck!
Sony Ericsson z520a -> Sony Ericsson w810i -> Sony Ericsson w760a -> Sony Ericsson c905a -> Nokia N8 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc -> HTC One S -> Google Nexus 4 -> Google Nexus 5