Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Glass Screen Protector][TRUGlass]Cruzerlite Glass Protector Thread

Tip us?

b.spec
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN View Post
Same here. I'll be interested if I can use a glass and be case free? Do these glass protectors protect from the main glass actually breaking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
I'm also interested in this too, being someone who carries their phone without a case but with a screen protector. It seems like every tempered glass screen protector is very prone to chips on the edges, so it would be nice if this flexible glass would somehow be more resistant to chips.

The Gingerbread Man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3822
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gingerbread Man View Post
Mine arrived in the post yesterday, I fitted it today.

This thing is certainly a premium product, it feels and like there's not even a screen protector fitted. Only if you look carefully by the ear piece you can see it. Its so smooth and its really nice to touch, slightly expensive but we will see how it fairs against the test of time. I used an invisisheild before I don't think I'll be using those again, its a floppy sticky bit of plastic.

My only small gripe with this is there a few tiny tiny air bubbles I can't seem to get out with the squeegy and I can't see any dust particles in there. Il try and add a photo later

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Just to update about my post, the small imperfections have worked them selves out and now it looks perfect. I'm not exactly sure when it happened but I'm really really pleased with this. Iv also got a black official bumper case and although these items weren't cheap they are worth it and defiantly make the phone have a premium feel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmo580
Old
Thanks Meter 550
It's been about a month with this screen protector and I don't liek it. The oleophobic coating has worn off mostly and compared to my naked iPhone 5, it's pretty hard to wipe the screen clean of fingerprints.

I also see scratches on my screen. Granted that might be from Coachella weekend where there were dust storms, but to be honest my iPhone is in far better shape on comparison and its what I used more for photos during Coachella.

Very disappointed.

For the record I've used the Spigen protector for about 2 months and it was flawless. Great oleophobic coating and great scratch protection.
Current:
OnePlus One | CM 11S | Nexus 5 | crDroid for Nexus 5

Legacy Devices:
LG Nexus 4 | CM 11 Nightlies | Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies | Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 11 Nightlies | HP TouchPad | CM 11 Nightly 06072014 | Nexus S i9020a | CM 11 Nightlies | Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post
It's been about a month with this screen protector and I don't liek it. The oleophobic coating has worn off mostly and compared to my naked iPhone 5, it's pretty hard to wipe the screen clean of fingerprints.

I also see scratches on my screen. Granted that might be from Coachella weekend where there were dust storms, but to be honest my iPhone is in far better shape on comparison and its what I used more for photos during Coachella.

Very disappointed.

For the record I've used the Spigen protector for about 2 months and it was flawless. Great oleophobic coating and great scratch protection.
weird... i'm actually the exact opposite... I initially wasn't sold on the glass not going all the way to the edges but after learning its for cases to fit properly, i let it slide... i don't use a case at all, just this glass protector and my Cruzerlite antibacterial blue vinyl skin... LOVE this setup... not a single scratch on my protector and my phone is essentially flawless still... my only gripe is the fingerprints and the glass in general is a tad harder to keep clean... but aside from that, i love it...

dmo580
Old
Thanks Meter 550
Yeah the fingerprints definitely collect faster than raw glass on this one. The Oleophobic coating wears off pretty fast
Current:
OnePlus One | CM 11S | Nexus 5 | crDroid for Nexus 5

Legacy Devices:
LG Nexus 4 | CM 11 Nightlies | Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies | Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 11 Nightlies | HP TouchPad | CM 11 Nightly 06072014 | Nexus S i9020a | CM 11 Nightlies | Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3043

DONATE TO ME
I actually removed this one from my phone and installed a MIMEUSA glass (which is lifting on its own already)... The TruGlass wasn't bad or anything and in fact i installed the exact glass from my phone, onto my sisters Nexus 5 and it went on just fine...

I did this very carefully btw haha...
Tags
cruzerlite, glass protector, nexus 5, screen protector, truglass