XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Green Onions True Oleophobic screen protector

Tip us?

neugenusis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Green Onions True Oleophobic screen protector

Amazon Link. Here's an oleophobic screen protector that I highly recommend. If you care about oleophobic qualities, this is the SP to get. I previously bought this. To put it frankly, It sucked. I did the pernament marker test and oil test, and it failed miserably. False advertising if you ask me.

Anways, I now have Green Onions oleophobic screen protector, and I think its not getting enough attention that it deserves. Check out their product demo here.

Pros:
- True oleophobic, same as your phone's glass's coating.
- I don't need fiber cloth anymore, I wipe oily fingerprints with just my finger (then wipe my finger on my pants).
- wipe it with a cloth, and you can get it perfectly clean (no swirls if you know what I mean)
- looks and feels like there's no screen protector at all.

Cons:
-What's up with the brand name?
- Pricier than competition. As of now, about $8 bucks for one SP. Comes in 2 pack ($16).
- seems to collect dust easier
- little more difficult to install than the cheap SPs
----How so? when you need to lift the SP's corner to collect dust under the SP, the coating will resist the tape that you'd use to lift it. The SP comes with special tape, but I find that using Construction grade tape more easier.

I previously used a N4 without a SP for a year (and got micro scratches). Having a N5 with a previous SP, the smudges I see while the screen was on was driving me nuts. This was the solution I needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to neugenusis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by neugenusis View Post
- I don't need fiber cloth anymore, I wipe oily fingerprints with just my finger (then wipe my finger on my pants).
lol