Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hybrid Case Showdown! Supcase vs. Spigen vs. Rearth (video, pics, Q&A)

Tip us?
 
piskotek
Old
#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2014
Great review and thank you for these detailed pictures! I was dabating between Spigen Hybrid and Ringke Fusion myself and your review really helped me - I decided on Ringke Fusion because of the buttons.
 
dsmpampis
Old
#22  
dsmpampis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 664
Join Date: Oct 2012
Hey guys, I just received my Ringke Fusion and before I put it on I would like to know if there is any chance that the case can scratch the corners of the Nexus because the Ringke slim fit does!

Thanks in advance.

Tapatalked with my Nexus5(aka the Hammerhead)
Device: HTC oneM8 | ROM: Renovate | Kernel: ElementalX
 
ZionExpress
Old
#23  
ZionExpress's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmpampis View Post
Hey guys, I just received my Ringke Fusion and before I put it on I would like to know if there is any chance that the case can scratch the corners of the Nexus because the Ringke slim fit does!

Thanks in advance.

Tapatalked with my Nexus5(aka the Hammerhead)
See my post on page 2. This case wont scratch the phone just by itself but it's still possible for dirt and things to work their way in. The Rinkge Slim is TERRIBLE with scratching the phone. The Fusion is MUCH gentler on the device.
I have nothing cool in my sig
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionExpress For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dsmpampis
Old
(Last edited by dsmpampis; 13th March 2014 at 04:40 PM.)
#24  
dsmpampis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 664
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Hybrid Case Showdown! Supcase vs. Spigen vs. Rearth (video, pics, Q&A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionExpress View Post
See my post on page 2. This case wont scratch the phone just by itself but it's still possible for dirt and things to work their way in. The Rinkge Slim is TERRIBLE with scratching the phone. The Fusion is MUCH gentler on the device.

I wash the case with plenty of water and soap (I think now it wouldn't have any dust) and I going to put it on( I cross my fingers because it's the second nexus that I have and my experience with the first one combined with Ringke slim was awful!)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I'm afraid little bit because the TPU material on the Rengke isn't so soft than the Diztronic case that I have...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Device: HTC oneM8 | ROM: Renovate | Kernel: ElementalX
 
howard bamber
Old
#25  
howard bamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 1,263
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southport
My two piece spiegen had a slight bow of a couple of mm. I was worried about it wearing. Had to get some two sided tape. Did the job. It's flush now. Always use these cases with the glass screen protectors. Expensive (to me) but good, especially as they sent me a whore? White one, which is like a bar of soap

Sent by mobile telephone.
 
floepie
Old
#26  
floepie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 1,674
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Very happy with the Ringke. It feels so OEM and integrated. The only downside, and I have see this in other photos, is the cutout for the camera and LED on the back. It's ever so slightly (0.5 mm) off. The only other thing is that the clear window is larger on the Spiegen, whereas the black border takes up more space on the Ringke.
XDA needs a "2nd Post Wiki" automatically generated in each thread. Such a thread wiki has proven effective on other sites to cut down on useless thread clutter and questions which have been answered repeatedly. The idea is simple. A community-editable wiki is inserted immediately beneath the OP to address current issues relating to the topic. Most OP/devs don't have the time to continually update their OP to address ongoing issues. Let's let the community do that for them!
 
ZionExpress
Old
#27  
ZionExpress's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie View Post
Very happy with the Ringke. It feels so OEM and integrated. The only downside, and I have see this in other photos, is the cutout for the camera and LED on the back. It's ever so slightly (0.5 mm) off. The only other thing is that the clear window is larger on the Spiegen, whereas the black border takes up more space on the Ringke.
The cutout is indeed very slightly off. Thankfully it's not enough to trigger any OCD on my part. Personally I like the slightly larger black border, adds a nice contrast to my white N5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmpampis View Post
I'm afraid little bit because the TPU material on the Rengke isn't so soft than the Diztronic case that I have...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This TPU feels a bit stiffer than others I have used in the past, too. I have had this case on my phone for a month now and I can not find a single scratch on my phone after checking it over carefully. Corners included. In fact, the only negative thing I have to say about this case is probably true for all clear cases, hybrids included, and that is the fact that dust and fine lint can find its way behind the clear portion of the case and it requires semi regular cleaning to keep it looking nice and neat.
I have nothing cool in my sig

Tags
nexus 5, ringke, spigen, supcase, ultra hybrid
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes