FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Looking for the perfect Qi auto Charger

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By MattSid, Senior Member on 6th June 2014, 06:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st June 2014, 10:26 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Haturaya, those products got always a usb cabel, i don't wont a cable all over my cockpit, that's why a solution like this one would be perfect, with a Qi charger instead of a USB connector.



I was interested in this model, but isn't compatible with the Nexus 5 'cause this one got the USB Connector inverted...



F**k!
 
 
22nd June 2014, 08:43 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
At the end I just gave up the reserch of this perfect Qi charger and I bought this one (modified in the order to fit the big dimension of the Nexus 5)



I hope to see in the future this same model but with Qi charger, I would buy it immediatly.
23rd June 2014, 06:39 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
shouldn't need the clamps its got magnetic mounts on the back. I want one of those
23rd June 2014, 07:26 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSid

At the end I just gave up the reserch of this perfect Qi charger and I bought this one (modified in the order to fit the big dimension of the Nexus 5)



I hope to see in the future this same model but with Qi charger, I would buy it immediatly.

How sturdy is the cable? Does it wobble around when the phones in there?
23rd June 2014, 10:50 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancur3p1c

shouldn't need the clamps its got magnetic mounts on the back. I want one of those

The clamp is there 'cause I broke the support in order to fit the Nexus 5 dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunjamon

How sturdy is the cable? Does it wobble around when the phones in there?

It woobles a little bit, but I could say that it's enought stable to use the phone without problems.
24th June 2014, 02:57 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
I want a magnetically held up one.
24th June 2014, 04:05 AM |#17  
n2rjt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, California
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Airdock for the win

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 07:51 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2rjt

Airdock for the win

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Do you have one? I'm tempted to get one with this mount, but I've heard mixed reviews about how it holds phones in cases.
25th June 2014, 04:34 AM |#19  
n2rjt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, California
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunjamon

Do you have one? I'm tempted to get one with this mount, but I've heard mixed reviews about how it holds phones in cases.

I have one. It works great, without a case. Can't say how it works with a case but it is sticky and they include magnetic stickers that you can use to make anything stick to the mount. I use one of those with my wife's Galaxy Nexus (only as a mount, not a charger in that case.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes