FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Looking for a good wireless charger for my nexus 5?

423 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By rayoubi, Senior Member on 6th November 2013, 08:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So basically im looking for a good wireless charger. I want something that charges fast too. any recommendations?

How about this?
http://www.amazon.com/UPGRADED-Wirel...owViewpoints=1

Does this work?
The Following User Says Thank You to rayoubi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th November 2013, 08:35 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
It works. I have it. It may not stop charging at 100% though. Mine keeps blinking like it's charging even at full and my phone gets hot. Not sure if defect or what
6th November 2013, 08:50 PM |#3  
netsyd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Cheapest / best available right now:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/acc...id=b2kGYIPiLyp -- Nokia DT-900

The LG ones (http://www.amazon.com/LG-WCP-700-Por.../dp/B005DMBSVA) work great, and I've got an Energizer one that works perfectly as well.
Last edited by netsyd; 6th November 2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added link to LG.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netsyd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 08:54 PM |#4  
sn0warmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsyd


The LG ones (http://www.amazon.com/LG-WCP-700-Por.../dp/B005DMBSVA) work great, and I've got an Energizer one that works perfectly as well.

I've been using this LG charger with my Nexus 4 since January and it has been flawless. Works great with my Nexus 7 as well. Highly recommend it.
6th November 2013, 09:15 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm looking to buy the DT-910 as it props the device upright so I can use the nexus as bedroom clock. The other wireless charging thread has a couple of users that say it works well. There is also a link to cheap dt-900 (similar to what you linked) by you need to buy 3 to get it cheap and it's in the US. I'm UK based so no use to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th November 2013, 10:52 PM |#6  
TecQuality's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naski666

I'm looking to buy the DT-910 as it props the device upright so I can use the nexus as bedroom clock. The other wireless charging thread has a couple of users that say it works well. There is also a link to cheap dt-900 (similar to what you linked) by you need to buy 3 to get it cheap and it's in the US. I'm UK based so no use to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

just a question: the 900/910 stops charging when reach 100%?
6th November 2013, 11:07 PM |#7  
mtucker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Escondido
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
I bought this Kookpad wireless charger off Amazon and had it waiting when my phone arrived on Monday. You can get it in white or black. It is very placement insensitive. I ordered a 2nd one last night so I could have one at the office.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQCUVPI/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
Read through the Amazon reviews. Some people didn't like the buzzer on it, but most people found it charged well.
6th November 2013, 11:08 PM |#8  
gsrrr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 220
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecQuality

just a question: the 900/910 stops charging when reach 100%?

It looks like it does stop according to user Exel...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2513184&page=3
The Following User Says Thank You to gsrrr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 11:39 PM |#9  
rayoubi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsyd

Cheapest / best available right now:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/acc...id=b2kGYIPiLyp -- Nokia DT-900

The LG ones (http://www.amazon.com/LG-WCP-700-Por.../dp/B005DMBSVA) work great, and I've got an Energizer one that works perfectly as well.

Thank you ! I order the Nokia DT-900. thanks!!!!
6th November 2013, 11:49 PM |#10  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 971
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi

Thank you ! I order the Nokia DT-900. thanks!!!!

The quality isn't great though. Mine worked for about 6 months, then died. I got another one and that seems to be working, but only time will tell.
7th November 2013, 02:33 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Which one charges the fastest if price isn't an issue? I would like to have at least one that's fast.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes