Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magpul Nexus 5 field case photos *PICTURE WARNING*

Tip us?

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2030
Best damn N5 case available. It's amazing.
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackattack
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I'm finding that I have to be very careful about how I position it on the official wireless charger. Even though it shows that it's charging, I'll sometimes wake up with a low battery.

trrubicon06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
I'm finding that I have to be very careful about how I position it on the official wireless charger. Even though it shows that it's charging, I'll sometimes wake up with a low battery.
Yeah, I found that it has to be placed on the middle square of the case, under where it says Magpul. If you have it off center too much, it will not charge properly and mine got fire hot last week. I made a wood stand this past weekend just for this purpose. The stand places the phone in the same location over my Powerbot charger perfectly.

trrubicon06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

This was a prototype and it was changed a few times. But, you get the point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trrubicon06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tigercranestyle
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Best damn N5 case available. It's amazing.

i agree with it being the best n5 case, but will stop short of amazing. buttons could be a tad bit less stiff (though they're not awful), but yeah... overall, of the 10 or so cases that i've owned this case feels unbelievably awesome in hand and sturdy enough to take a hard fall. bulk is minimal and weight evenly distributed.

9/10.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigercranestyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
I use the TYLT VU and haven't had any issues with it.

Sent from my Moto X
\m/(-_-)\m/

jphilippon
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercranestyle View Post
i agree with it being the best n5 case, but will stop short of amazing. buttons could be a tad bit less stiff (though they're not awful), but yeah... overall, of the 10 or so cases that i've owned this case feels unbelievably awesome in hand and sturdy enough to take a hard fall. bulk is minimal and weight evenly distributed.

9/10.
Agree 100% buttons loosen up a little after a while but this is the only case I've wanted to keep on for more than a week, I have like 10 others sitting in a drawer, just love the way it feels!
Nexus 5 (Stock) + Z2 Dalvik/Bionic patch: (http://goo.gl/3vxSqq)

iPhone 3gs - Samsung Captivate - Samsung GS2 Skyrocket - Motorola Atrix - HTC One X - Nexus 4