Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 46,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MediaDevil Artisan Pouch Review

Tip us?
 
dia_naji
Old
(Last edited by dia_naji; 12th February 2014 at 11:34 PM.)
#1  
dia_naji's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 272
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Default MediaDevil Artisan Pouch Review

When I bought my nexus 5 I wanted a pouch, but really didn't find any to my liking . Last week I decided re-search and found a couple real good pouches, but really none what I had in mind. Then I came across a MediaDevil Artisan pouch, didn't really know what to think, like if it was going to be a cheap knock off or bad quality. As I looked into it I found out that this company makes very high quality pouches that I was never aware of. I decided to give it a shot based on amazing reviews. It came in a nice black gift like box and very professionally packaged . Has full grain leather with red stitching ( believe it comes in different colors), the phone fits perfectly in the pouch nice and snug. Not to tight and not to loose. It has micro fiber feel inside of it so when you slip you're phone it cleans the smudges and fingerprints. I would recommend this pouch to anyone who wants a nice look to there phone.

This is my first review so it might not detailed or organized in any way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221002.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	2576027   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221018.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	2576028   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221057.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	2576029   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221131.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	2576030   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221140.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	2576035  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221148.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	2576036   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221227.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	2576037   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_221304.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	2576038  
[CENTER]Current Devices

HTC One M8
Rom: Venom Rom 2.40
Kernel: Stock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dia_naji For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vinnyfraser
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Belle River
Quote:
Originally Posted by dia_naji View Post
When I bought my nexus 5 I wanted a pouch, but really didn't find any to my liking . Last week I decided re-search and found a couple real good pouches, but really none what I had in mind. Then I came across a MediaDevil Artisan pouch, didn't really know what to think, like if it was going to be a cheap knock off or bad quality. As I looked into it I found out that this company makes very high quality pouches that I was never aware of. I decided to give it a shot based on amazing reviews. It came in a nice black gift like box and very professionally packaged . Has full grain leather with red stitching ( believe it comes in different colors), the phone fits perfectly in the pouch nice and snug. Not to tight and not to loose. It has micro fiber feel inside of it so when you slip you're phone it cleans the smudges and fingerprints. I would recommend this pouch to anyone who wants a nice look to there phone.

This is my first review so it might not detailed or organized in any way.
I cannot seem to find the link on amazon. Would you be able to post a link
 
dia_naji
Old
#3  
dia_naji's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 272
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyfraser View Post
I cannot seem to find the link on amazon. Would you be able to post a link
http://www.amazon.com/MediaDevil-Goo...adevil+nexus+5
[CENTER]Current Devices

HTC One M8
Rom: Venom Rom 2.40
Kernel: Stock
 
gaglia_88
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Turin
I have the same pouch, i fell in love with!
More pics
The Following User Says Thank You to gaglia_88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dia_naji
Old
#5  
dia_naji's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 272
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Well worth the money

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
[CENTER]Current Devices

HTC One M8
Rom: Venom Rom 2.40
Kernel: Stock
 
kpjimmy
Old
#6  
kpjimmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,002
Posts: 4,720
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio TX
I am not a pouch person, but that does look nice! Love the logo!
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images
 
mybelovedgh0st
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jan 2014
cool review... the black-red looks awesome. i have one with the teal color.
 
fkloznica
Old
#8  
fkloznica's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 284
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dia_naji View Post
Well worth the money

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
does it use a magnet on that button on the back of the case ? thanks
 
-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-
Old
#9  
-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 201
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: \dev\null -yu
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkloznica View Post
does it use a magnet on that button on the back of the case ? thanks
It does. Circular shaped magnet can be seen at the photos embossing under the leather and one of the online reviews confirms it

Quote:
Review: pull out tab that works brilliantly and is held in place by a small magnetic clasp.
www.mariotomic.com .:. my photography gallery
The Following User Says Thank You to -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LunaticoCR
Old
#10  
LunaticoCR's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dia_naji View Post
I would recommend this pouch to anyone who wants a nice look to there phone.
Thank you very much for this review dia_naji!

On your pictures I see you have the black with red stitching case, and inside you have a black phone?

On Media Devil's webpage it says that the black phone is different size to the white or red, therefore they sell cases for black and cases for white/red. And for the black phone there's only one option, grey with pink stitches, not my cup of tea. The case you show on your pictures is meant to be for the white/red phone only. When I first saw this I was sceptical at them, because both phones are the same size, only thing different is the plastic texture.

Can you or anyone else on this thread confirm that you're using a black case with a black phone? Despite the big red warning on Media Devil's website: http://mediadevil.com/us/artisanpouc...s-5-by-lg.html

Thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes