Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MediaDevil Artisan Pouch Review

Tip us?

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-
Old
Thanks Meter 38
the difference, as I've been told by their employee, is the the material used inside, because of the texture difference and the material of the pull-out ribbon, as well as the size of the pull-out knob.
www.mariotomic.com .:. my photography gallery
The Following User Says Thank You to -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LunaticoCR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
the difference, as I've been told by their employee, is the the material used inside, because of the texture difference and the material of the pull-out ribbon, as well as the size of the pull-out knob.
I thought it would be something like that....

My question remains, is anyone using the black case with a black phone? If so, any downfalls?

Cowboy_Henk
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I asked Mediadevil about the difference between black and white/red nexus 5

Hi Marius,

I hope you are well and thanks for getting in touch.

The black and white Nexus 5 have a slightly different curvature, and as our cases are designed to fit very snugly to the device itself, this means that a black Nexus 5 will not fit into a case designed for a white Nexus 5. In addition, the black Nexus 5 has a soft-touch back as opposed to the harder plastic back of the white Nexus 5, which adds friction when it is being inserted and removed from the case, and we have also had to take this into consideration when designing a case for the black Nexus 5.

At the moment we are completely sold out of all colour combinations for the black Nexus 5 except for the slate/pink option, however we do have new cases in production, which should be available by the middle of March. I'm afraid I don't have a definite release date at the moment, however please feel free to get back in touch in a week or so, as we should be able to give you an update then!

Sarah
MediaDevil

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-
Old
Thanks Meter 38
it's almost a copy paste answer they give
www.mariotomic.com .:. my photography gallery

LunaticoCR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Henk View Post
I asked Mediadevil about the difference between black and white/red nexus 5

Hi Marius,

I hope you are well and thanks for getting in touch.

The black and white Nexus 5 have a slightly different curvature, and as our cases are designed to fit very snugly to the device itself, this means that a black Nexus 5 will not fit into a case designed for a white Nexus 5. In addition, the black Nexus 5 has a soft-touch back as opposed to the harder plastic back of the white Nexus 5, which adds friction when it is being inserted and removed from the case, and we have also had to take this into consideration when designing a case for the black Nexus 5.

At the moment we are completely sold out of all colour combinations for the black Nexus 5 except for the slate/pink option, however we do have new cases in production, which should be available by the middle of March. I'm afraid I don't have a definite release date at the moment, however please feel free to get back in touch in a week or so, as we should be able to give you an update then!

Sarah
MediaDevil
Thanks very much for sharing this! Now that makes more sense. I think I'd rather wait for 2 or 3 weeks. I'll buy a cheap neoprene pouch case in the meanwhile.

Cowboy_Henk
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dia_naji View Post
When I bought my nexus 5 I wanted a pouch, but really didn't find any to my liking . Last week I decided re-search and found a couple real good pouches, but really none what I had in mind. Then I came across a MediaDevil Artisan pouch, didn't really know what to think, like if it was going to be a cheap knock off or bad quality. As I looked into it I found out that this company makes very high quality pouches that I was never aware of. I decided to give it a shot based on amazing reviews. It came in a nice black gift like box and very professionally packaged . Has full grain leather with red stitching ( believe it comes in different colors), the phone fits perfectly in the pouch nice and snug. Not to tight and not to loose. It has micro fiber feel inside of it so when you slip you're phone it cleans the smudges and fingerprints. I would recommend this pouch to anyone who wants a nice look to there phone.

This is my first review so it might not detailed or organized in any way.
I'm very interested in this leather pouch. But is this compatible with a tempered glass screen protector (0,30mm) AND with the toastMade (real wood) skin

I hope the pouch is not too tight for this? Or will it stretch over time? And what must I choose? Black or white/red version of the pouch, because Mediadevil said there is difference in size and material they use, but this is wood material so....???