5,601,062 Members 48,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro SD card reader

Tip us?

evsnova74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just got my unitek reader today and it doesn't seem to work. I'm using stickmount and all, but it seems to try to mount over and over again, says it's mounted then that folder in astro just says it's empty. I've gotten it to work briefly by rebooting with it plugged in but it didn't last long. If I plug it in with no card it says it's mounted but if I put the card in after it's already plugged in it doesn't do anything. I'm thinking it's just a faulty reader, for those that have the unitek, does this sound like I got a bad one?
Nexus5
GS3
Epic4g

RussianBear
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by evsnova74 View Post
I just got my unitek reader today and it doesn't seem to work. I'm using stickmount and all, but it seems to try to mount over and over again, says it's mounted then that folder in astro just says it's empty. I've gotten it to work briefly by rebooting with it plugged in but it didn't last long. If I plug it in with no card it says it's mounted but if I put the card in after it's already plugged in it doesn't do anything. I'm thinking it's just a faulty reader, for those that have the unitek, does this sound like I got a bad one?
Mine functions properly. Check it in a different phone.

evsnova74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
False alarm, the phone had been giving me some trouble so I just flashed a custom ROM, all is well now. My bad, I should a tried a few things before posting here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus5
GS3
Epic4g

kymlalu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello,
i buy this one http://www.dx.com/p/2-in-1-usb-micro...-silver-241505 .
Works wery well.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I got a Meenova, and I love it - it even fits in with my SPIGEN Armor case without issue. I think the case around the port even makes it more secure and less prone to being snapped off acidentally or something.

I've got a 32gb class 10 microSD in it, but I still find writing to it really slow, (eg: nandroid backups), is there any point in getting a better card or is the bottleneck the USB port itself?
Replying to me? Quote my post so I get a notification please - thanks!
Nexus 5 32gb - Carbon ROM Nightly / franco.Kernel - r46 / TWRP v2.7.0.0 Holofied Recovery - ART Enabled