5,600,123 Members 42,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIME Ghost VS Feather?

Tip us?

prateek2888
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Pardon my ignorance, I ordered a ghost. I just wanted to know if these glass protectors provide any other advantage over plastic ones except the touch feel that they give

Philly Jim
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek2888 View Post
Pardon my ignorance, I ordered a ghost. I just wanted to know if these glass protectors provide any other advantage over plastic ones except the touch feel that they give
I'll just leave it at this. Once you go glass you can never go back
Current Devices
Nexus 5 32 Graviton v2.7
Smoking Note 3 SLIM V 11
Galaxy Note 10.1 Hyperdrive
Nexus 7 32 Gig 2013 Sinless Rom V 3.2.1

netsyd
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek2888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Jim View Post
I'll just leave it at this. Once you go glass you can never go back
This a thousand times over.

The benefits are a bit hard to put in to words. It's more than just the touch feel. There's a solidity to a glass protector that you can't get with plastic. There's an "invisibility" that comes with glass - even with the clearest plastic protector, you still know it's there. The glass protectors also stick better in my experience. You can toss the phone in your pocket without worrying about an edge lifting up.

Again, it's really hard to explain how big a difference it is, but as Philly Jim said ... once you go glass you can never go back. The first time I bought one, I really questioned my sanity. Now, I don't even consider the other options and I factor the glass into my device cost.

Current Devices:
Galaxy S4 Mini - SGH-i257m on AT&T LTE
Nexus 5 32 GB Running Kangakat

First Smartphone:
HTC Wizard