5,605,766 Members 47,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you use a pouch with a wake magnet?
Yes 2 66.67%
Only if I don't have to glue it on myself 0 0%
No 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[MOD] Pouch Sleep/Wake Magnet

Tip us?

CDeviant
Old
(Last edited by CDeviant; 27th December 2013 at 11:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default [MOD] Pouch Sleep/Wake Magnet

Alright, so let me first say that what I did is sloppy. I'm going to get another pouch, and a bunch of small magnet and try to make something that looks really good.

The Nexus 5 has a magnet sensor for waking/sleeping the device, it's located at the top left (when facing the phone), just above the volume buttons.

What I did was dead simple. I held a magnet on the pouch and pulled the phone out and in untill I knew where I wanted it, and where it would work, after that I just super glued it in place.

Sure it's messy, but it works great, and doesn't snag on my pants.

It's great to be able to just pull on the tab and the phone turns on.
Also, I normally don't set my phone down right on a table or something, I would rather set it down on the pouch. It's really nice now, I can just set the phone right next to the magnet, and when I pick it up the screen comes on. It's magic.

Please let me know what you think, I would like to see this in commercial pouches myself.

ritzxda
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeviant View Post
Alright, so let me first say that what I did is sloppy. I'm going to get another pouch, and a bunch of small magnet and try to make something that looks really good.

The Nexus 5 has a magnet sensor for waking/sleeping the device, it's located at the top right, just above the volume buttons.

What I did was dead simple. I held a magnet on the pouch and pulled the phone out and in untill I knew where I wanted it, and where it would work, after that I just super glued it in place.

Sure it's messy, but it works great, and doesn't snag on my pants.

It's great to be able to just pull on the tab and the phone turns on.
Also, I normally don't set my phone down right on a table or something, I would rather set it down on the pouch. It's really nice now, I can just set the phone right next to the magnet, and when I pick it up the screen comes on. It's magic.

Please let me know what you think, I would like to see this in commercial pouches myself.
Great idea but I don't see it a universal pouch being developed as sensors will be in different places on different phones. Yes it would be nice to have a pouch with that built in if possible without adding bulk etc. However, there are applications that can product this same functionality. E.g "IntelliCover". Good work on your modification though

xxjrkkrjxx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzxda View Post
Great idea but I don't see it a universal pouch being developed as sensors will be in different places on different phones. Yes it would be nice to have a pouch with that built in if possible without adding bulk etc. However, there are applications that can product this same functionality. E.g "IntelliCover". Good work on your modification though
I believe that the sensor is on the top left my friend
The Following User Says Thank You to xxjrkkrjxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ritzxda
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjrkkrjxx View Post
I believe that the sensor is on the top left my friend
Quoted the wrong person But yes yes...it all depends how you look at it. Top left when you're facing the device but top right otherwise

WangLung
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
What kind of magnets did you use?