Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

MUGEN POWER 3000 mAh BATTERY CASE

OP sir_mambo

11th May 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
MUGEN, a staple in the battery case market, just released their Nexus 5 3000 mAh battery case. I'm pretty excited to see how this case fares up against the ZeroLemon and LimeFuel cases. Does anybody have the case or has seen a review for it. Is anybody else really excited about the news?!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
11th May 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 296

1,175 posts
More
would love to buy but for 90$ its a bit too expensive for my tastes.

Can someone explain why they are so expensive? is it build quality or is it just for the brand like apple
30th May 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 37

158 posts
More
Does anyone have this case? I contacted Mugen and they claim that the case is only 1cm thick. I find that really hard to believe. The Nexus 5 by itself is 0.7cm. I can't believe that the case only adds 0.3cm to the thickness. The i-Blason case is regarded as very thin and it is still 1.6cm thick and the Mugen is a bigger battery than the i-Blason. Something doesn't seem right.
30th May 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #4  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 978

806 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanjkcarp

Does anyone have this case? I contacted Mugen and they claim that the case is only 1cm thick. I find that really hard to believe. The Nexus 5 by itself is 0.7cm. I can't believe that the case only adds 0.3cm to the thickness. The i-Blason case is regarded as very thin and it is still 1.6cm thick and the Mugen is a bigger battery than the i-Blason. Something doesn't seem right.

I think they meant that the case adds an additional 1cm thickness. So it would be 1.7cm thick with both the case and phone combined.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #5  

158 posts
More
That may very well end up being the reality but their email was very specific and said the dimensions of the case are as follows.

Something definitely could be lost in translation of languages too. I have sent them a follow up email specifically on that 1 centimeter measurement so we will see what they have to say.

I'd love to find out that the one centimeter depth is accurate and that might honestly explain the reason why it is twice as much cost as the other options. They might have a much more refined design that allows them to do something like a custom shaped battery or something else to keep the size down.
30th May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Winnipeg

806 posts
Quote:

That may very well end up being the reality but their email was very specific and said the dimensions of the case are as follows.

Something definitely could be lost in translation of languages too. I have sent them a follow up email specifically on that 1 centimeter measurement so we will see what they have to say.

I'd love to find out that the one centimeter depth is accurate and that might honestly explain the reason why it is twice as much cost as the other options. They might have a much more refined design that allows them to do something like a custom shaped battery or something else to keep the size down.

Well, from this picture alone, you can pretty much see it's not .3cm thick. And the site says "Dimensions: W(70.96 mm) x D(20.2 mm) x H(151 mm)".

30th May 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #7  

158 posts
More
That is a photo of the CC-Nexus5-P, not the CC-Nexus5. Two different products.
30th May 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #8  
Flag Winnipeg

806 posts
Quote:

That is a photo of the CC-Nexus5-P, not the CC-Nexus5. Two different products.

The CC-Nexus5 looks just as thick. It's still not .3cm either way.

Last edited by mmmmBACON; 30th May 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread