Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Nexus 5 is 6 Months Old! Post pics of your phone!! (accessories, ideas, links)

Tip us?

mmmmBACON
Old
(Last edited by mmmmBACON; 11th May 2014 at 04:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941
Talking The Nexus 5 is 6 Months Old! Post pics of your phone!! (accessories, ideas, links)

Quote:
RULES:

1) Name the version of your phone and when you bought it. If it’s Original, Replacement, RMA, Launch, etc. specify that as well. Ex: Black 32GB – October 31st, 2013 (Launch). This is just to see how long you've had your phone, and I guess bragging rights?? (I no longer can say I have a launch day phone... )

2) Name ALL of the accessories you are currently sporting on your phone. Include brand (if applicable) and LINKS!! This is so that anyone else who likes the look of your phone and what you’ve done, can look it up themselves, or buy those accessories. We want to share ideas.

3) A Picture of the accessories on your phone! Preferably nothing too huge, 1920x1200 and below would be best. Just nice enough, and big enough to show off your look.

4) This is NOT a what is better than what thread, or which company is better than the other! NO arguments! This is just to show off what you've done with your phone and to discuss ideas. If you like what they've done, hit the thanks button. Don't bash people or their choices. Everyone has their own opinion and taste, respect that.

Well a few days ago the Nexus 5 hit the 6 month old mark. You know what that means… It’s old sauce now and completely outdated! You might as well get rid of it and buy something newer. It’s clearly too slow and can’t keep up with the new phones that have just launched/are coming out.

Of course, we know that’s not true at all!! This phone is still a damn beast and remains pretty close to being top of the line!

So, being 6 months old I’m sure many people have had a lot of time to personalize their phones. So why not show off what you’ve done with your phone? It’s a good way to keep an “aging” phone interesting, and it will help others here maybe get some new ideas of what they would like to put on their phones! It also gives me reason to post more pics!!

If you rock your phone naked, that’s cool too! If you want to show us a picture of your naked phone go for it. It would be nice to see how your phone has held up over the months with no protection at all!

We’re here to show the looks and give ideas. So give as much information as possible. Include the brand name if there is one, and where you bought it (a link please)!

Phone:

Red 32GB – February 28th, 2014 (Replacement of Launch Day phone with shattered screen)

Accessories:

Nillkin H+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector - http://www.amazon.com/Nilkin-Hardnes...n+H%2B+nexus+5
Generic eBay Black Replica Nexus 4 Bumper for the Nexus 5 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-7-Colors-N...item5407354a51
Black Titanium Skin from @dbrandSkins - https://dbrand.com/shop/nexus-5

Screen with Nillkin H+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector.

dbrand Black Titanium skin and Replica Nexus 4 Bumper.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timvdlinde
Old
Thanks Meter 43
WOOOOOOW my nillkin glass just got shipped, but where did you buy the nexus 4 replica bumper? Thanks a lot.

EDIT

I didn't see the links now I got them :$
[DEVICE] Nexus 5
[ROM] [4.4.2] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.1
[KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel
[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 66
man, that looks awesome! I wasn't jealous of the red n5 until now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokke9191 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokke9191 View Post
man, that looks awesome! I wasn't jealous of the red n5 until now.
Thanks!

I actually bought the red phone just because I knew I was going to put skins on the back! I wanted the letters to be red instead of black or white. Kind of weird to buy a red phone for just that reason alone, but I've been really happy with how everything turned out.

Geo2160
Old
Thanks Meter 41
@Mmmbacon: Is that bumper really made out of metal? I would really want to try it if it is. Does it affect signal quality?

mmmmBACON
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo2160 View Post
@Mmmbacon: Is that bumper really made out of metal? I would really want to try it if it is. Does it affect signal quality?
As metal as Samsung phones have metal borders, or PU Leather is to Leather.

So does it affect signal quality? Not in the slightest.

Geo2160
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON View Post
As metal as Samsung phones have metal borders, or PU Leather is to Leather.

So does it affect signal quality? Not in the slightest.
Well, that's a bummer. I really wanted to try a metal bumper, but the only two options that I can find on ebay aren't exactly inspiring. The phone makes direct contact with the metal frame so it probably wears off the coating and affects signal quality. Something like the one you own, but with a metallic outer rim would be ideal.

On a different note, I can barely wait for my ringke fusion to arrive. Expect some drool worthy pictures of it along with some neon glowing skin if I can my get my hands on a friend's DSLR .
The Following User Says Thank You to Geo2160 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo2160 View Post
It's mainly metal backs that cause signal issues. GPS and the like.

@Mmmbacon: I don't suppose you'd be able to share some more screenshots of that screen protector would you please? I'm interested but I dont feel I get a good idea of it compared to your shots (when searching the net)
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
It's mainly metal backs that cause signal issues. GPS and the like.

@Mmmbacon: I don't suppose you'd be able to share some more screenshots of that screen protector would you please? I'm interested but I dont feel I get a good idea of it compared to your shots (when searching the net)
Sure, no problem.

After taking these, I noticed that I didn't put the protector on completely centered! I can't unsee it now... It's only off by maybe half a mm or less, but still.

Anyway, these are as clear as I can get them without having an SLR. My 8 year old Canon Powershot was about to explode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IvIaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON View Post
Sure, no problem.

After taking these, I noticed that I didn't put the protector on completely centered! I can't unsee it now... It's only off by maybe half a mm or less, but still.

Anyway, these are as clear as I can get them without having an SLR. My 8 year old Canon Powershot was about to explode.
I've ordered a Nillkin H+ protector, too, based on the reviews on this forum, and I gotta say, it looks pretty awesome. How does it feel according your perspective?

I hope I can slap mine on half as accurately as you did!

Tags
accessories, bumper case, cases, nexus 5, screen protector