Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nokia DT-900 wireless QI charger review and high res photos

Tip us?

grndc2gsr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Default Nokia DT-900 wireless QI charger review and high res photos

Amazon.com: Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate - Retail Packaging - Black

I can't comment on the rate of charging yet since I just got this in. My 1st impressions are good. It is super easy to set up, just plug it in and go. The charger does not care what angle you have you phone at. I have tested it in several different angles and it always charges. I also did not have a problem charging with a case on either. I test it with a Spigen Slim Armor and Ringke Fusion case and both case had no effect on charging. On the front of the charger there is a small light to let you know the phone is charging. The phone does not slide off the charger, the charging plate is made of a hard plastic. I don't think I will be going back to wired charging, I will need to pick up a few more of these.

Package and contents.

Size comparison.

Charging

Charging, it does not matter what angle you place the phone on it.

Charging with a Spigen Slim Armor case, no problem

Charging no problem with a Ringke Fusion case.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to grndc2gsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lookatthemonkeys
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the pictures! Let us know about charging times. It's too bad the charger does not use micro USB, that might prevent me from getting it as apposed to an Anker Qi charger.

OregonLawyer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grndc2gsr View Post
Amazon.com: Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate - Retail Packaging - Black

I can't comment on the rate of charging yet since I just got this in. My 1st impressions are good. It is super easy to set up, just plug it in and go. The charger does not care what angle you have you phone at. I have tested it in several different angles and it always charges. I also did not have a problem charging with a case on either. I test it with a Spigen Slim Armor and Ringke Fusion case and both case had no effect on charging. On the front of the charger there is a small light to let you know the phone is charging. The phone does not slide off the charger, the charging plate is made of a hard plastic. I don't think I will be going back to wired charging, I will need to pick up a few more of these.
Thanks for the review - I'm looking forward to mine coming in the mail.

Too bad you missed out / didn't order from Att.

I ordered 3 yesterday for $55 shipped (No sales tax here in Oregon).

randpost
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonLawyer View Post
Thanks for the review - I'm looking forward to mine coming in the mail.

Too bad you missed out / didn't order from Att.

I ordered 3 yesterday for $55 shipped (No sales tax here in Oregon).
I had to pay 60.00.

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 632
I wonder how much its going to cost to Sydney.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70

Travillion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How does this work charging overnight? I'm particularly concerned about the screen turning on when it does its periodic spurts after reaching 100%. Does the screen end up staying on all night?

fireproofrev
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I know this is offtopic but can you maybe upload some pictures of the ringke fusion case on the phone. I have ordered it but some useres here say the quality is VERY bad. I just saw photos without phone inside.

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travillion View Post
How does this work charging overnight? I'm particularly concerned about the screen turning on when it does its periodic spurts after reaching 100%. Does the screen end up staying on all night?
I've got one of these chargers and the screen doesn't turn by itself whilst using it due to either connection or disconnection.

i.e. You can pick the phone up from the charger and put it down and the screen stays off.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI
The Following User Says Thank You to nobnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Travillion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Excellent, thanks! This will be my first foray into wireless charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut View Post
I've got one of these chargers and the screen doesn't turn by itself whilst using it due to either connection or disconnection.

i.e. You can pick the phone up from the charger and put it down and the screen stays off.

Watcher07
Old
Thanks Meter 315

DONATE TO ME
Just sharing one way to turn it from a flat charging pad to a nice landscape elevated dock for those of us that like to have the phone visible in bed with the clock at night. Took a couple of empty allergy pill bottles, removed the lids, taped them together with some packing tape and used some of that rubber matting people use for their kitchen drawer liners cut to wrap up the front, over the top, down the back and around underneath to the front with a nice lip for the charger and phone so they won't slip. Put a couple pieces of tape from the bottom of the bottles to hold the rubber matting in place on the lower side and it works like a charm.

As for the charger, the charger works great. I have no problems with battery drain and daydream clock running all night. I lay the phone down and it instantly starts charging. Only had the charger a couple of days and will eventually get a real solution, but it was a cheap, easy way to get my phone sitting up and thought it might help some others who get this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131108_083301.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	2379339  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watcher07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]