No registration required

Nexus 5 battery case

OP jkcarp94

4th November 2013, 03:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

159 posts
More
Please post evidence of battery cases that are available or manufacturers that built Nexus 4 cases to watch.

Don't want one for a daily driver but for long airport travel and vacation days.
4th November 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

138 posts
You can watch zerolemon, they did one for the n4.

http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php...e-battery-pack

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codemansGT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 130

968 posts
More
It took zero lemon months to get it out. I bought it and to be honest it wasnt a good product. I just carry a battery back in my bag when i know i will be gone for a while.
8th November 2013, 07:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 37

487 posts
I emailed ZeroLemon about a Nexus 5 case, mentioning the back was fairly easily removable and whether they would be making one for the Nexus 5 and here's what they said:

Quote:

This case will be out in mid January due to holiday season and project lineup with our other products.

I'd only be interested if it were a replacement battery and back as opposed to a "charging case"
The Following User Says Thank You to catpunt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 318

868 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpunt

I emailed ZeroLemon about a Nexus 5 case, mentioning the back was fairly easily removable and whether they would be making one for the Nexus 5 and here's what they said:

I'd only be interested if it were a replacement battery and back as opposed to a "charging case"

I wouldn't trust them. They promised one for the Galaxy nexus from the Playstore and they never released it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th November 2013, 04:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Chi-Town
Thanks Meter: 71

438 posts
More
I also email zerolemon and they told me the same thing. I'm very interested in what they can come up with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th November 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #7  
Flag Janesville, WI
Thanks Meter: 6

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not necessarily a case, but it can work with or without a case... http://www.power-skin.com/popn/samsu...ry-charger.php

I haven't used any of PowerSkin's products, but I ordered it so I'll experiment and see how it is.

(If anyone decides to buy it, this coupon gives $5 off.)
Coupon: RMENOT12
Last edited by koriflame; 10th November 2013 at 05:20 AM.
10th November 2013, 11:34 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koriflame

Not necessarily a case, but it can work with or without a case... http://www.power-skin.com/popn/samsu...ry-charger.php

I haven't used any of PowerSkin's products, but I ordered it so I'll experiment and see how it is.

(If anyone decides to buy it, this coupon gives $5 off.)
Coupon: RMENOT12

Now that is very interesting. I wonder if it covers the camera? With the sale and the coupon that might just be worth it to get me through the few circumstances were I wouldn't have access to a charger. The thing that I like about this option is that I don't need to remove the existing case. Pretty cool idea.
10th November 2013, 11:46 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

159 posts
More
Actually, I am not sure that this will work after looking at it. The micro USB port is backwards on the Nexus 5 as compared to the Samsung devices. Does that case allow you to flip the USB port direction or is it fixed?
11th November 2013, 12:32 AM   |  #10  
Flag Janesville, WI
Thanks Meter: 6

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanjkcarp

Actually, I am not sure that this will work after looking at it. The micro USB port is backwards on the Nexus 5 as compared to the Samsung devices. Does that case allow you to flip the USB port direction or is it fixed?

Well in any case, I can just mod or buy a usb cable.. thats really all that big gray thing seems to be. It's advertised Samsung, Motorola, Sony, and LG so... /shrug.

I can report after it arrives.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread