FORUMS

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Nexus 5 battery case

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By jkcarp94, Senior Member on 4th November 2013, 02:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Please post evidence of battery cases that are available or manufacturers that built Nexus 4 cases to watch.

Don't want one for a daily driver but for long airport travel and vacation days.

4th November 2013, 05:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
You can watch zerolemon, they did one for the n4.

http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php...e-battery-pack

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codemansGT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 05:15 PM |#3  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 133

More
It took zero lemon months to get it out. I bought it and to be honest it wasnt a good product. I just carry a battery back in my bag when i know i will be gone for a while.
8th November 2013, 06:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I emailed ZeroLemon about a Nexus 5 case, mentioning the back was fairly easily removable and whether they would be making one for the Nexus 5 and here's what they said:

Quote:

This case will be out in mid January due to holiday season and project lineup with our other products.

I'd only be interested if it were a replacement battery and back as opposed to a "charging case"
The Following User Says Thank You to catpunt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 04:22 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpunt

I emailed ZeroLemon about a Nexus 5 case, mentioning the back was fairly easily removable and whether they would be making one for the Nexus 5 and here's what they said:

I'd only be interested if it were a replacement battery and back as opposed to a "charging case"

I wouldn't trust them. They promised one for the Galaxy nexus from the Playstore and they never released it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th November 2013, 03:48 AM |#6  
Flag Chi-Town
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I also email zerolemon and they told me the same thing. I'm very interested in what they can come up with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th November 2013, 04:10 AM |#7  
Flag Janesville, WI
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Not necessarily a case, but it can work with or without a case... http://www.power-skin.com/popn/samsu...ry-charger.php

I haven't used any of PowerSkin's products, but I ordered it so I'll experiment and see how it is.

(If anyone decides to buy it, this coupon gives $5 off.)
Coupon: RMENOT12
Last edited by koriflame; 10th November 2013 at 04:20 AM.
10th November 2013, 10:34 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koriflame

Not necessarily a case, but it can work with or without a case... http://www.power-skin.com/popn/samsu...ry-charger.php

I haven't used any of PowerSkin's products, but I ordered it so I'll experiment and see how it is.

Now that is very interesting. I wonder if it covers the camera? With the sale and the coupon that might just be worth it to get me through the few circumstances were I wouldn't have access to a charger. The thing that I like about this option is that I don't need to remove the existing case. Pretty cool idea.
10th November 2013, 10:46 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Actually, I am not sure that this will work after looking at it. The micro USB port is backwards on the Nexus 5 as compared to the Samsung devices. Does that case allow you to flip the USB port direction or is it fixed?
10th November 2013, 11:32 PM |#10  
Flag Janesville, WI
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanjkcarp

Actually, I am not sure that this will work after looking at it. The micro USB port is backwards on the Nexus 5 as compared to the Samsung devices. Does that case allow you to flip the USB port direction or is it fixed?

Well in any case, I can just mod or buy a usb cable.. thats really all that big gray thing seems to be. It's advertised Samsung, Motorola, Sony, and LG so... /shrug.

I can report after it arrives.
13th November 2013, 07:46 AM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koriflame

This looks promising however remember that the USB port on the nexus devices are upside down compared to Samsung galaxy etc... Also the docks are not compatible

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread