XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Poetic Bumper Review

Tip us?

kcbboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 407
Default Nexus 5 Poetic Bumper Review

Got this in the other day so I decided to do a review . Really nice case.

Amazon link:
http://amzn.to/1j54FwH
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kcbboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TwinkyOfHope
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I used the poetic bumper on my nexus 4 and am using it again on the 5. I completely agree with your review.
Also, I just posted on another thread that I dropped my phone face down onto tile and suffered no damage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8:33:20 PST Survived Limbo Level 2!

Google Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Franco.Kernel
Samsung Captivate i897
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Semaphore
Modem: KC1

nexicon
Old
Thanks Meter 131
I hate that they don't have a white one. I hate the color combo of grey and whatever but really want one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Current Device: LG G2 D801
AOKP always preferable
The Following User Says Thank You to nexicon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spicydicy
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I just received my black and grey one and completely echo your review.

Love the bumper, just as good as their nexus 4 one.

One thing I have done to loosen the buttons is just take the phone out of the case, and squish the buttons repeatedly to soften them up a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Black 32GB Nexus 5 / Black 32GB Nexus 7 2013
Black 16GB Nexus 4 / Black 32GB Nexus 7
White 32GB Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747M
Blue 32GB Asus Transformer TF300 + Dock
The Following User Says Thank You to spicydicy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mikeonic
Old
Thanks Meter 210

DONATE TO ME
First off. Didn't know OP was on XDA. Been subscribed haha. Also, here is a little review on my side. I ordered this case the 8th of November and was told it got lost and got a full refund. Worst thing was I got the phone that day and Ended up going to a T-Mobile and buying a generic plastic case. Nothing special. Literally just a flimsy plastic shell. It put me $15 more than my poetic and I was upset but I needed a case ASAP. I cracked my galaxy nexus. And took care of my nexus 4 as if it was my baby's baby. A week later. This case arrived. Ended up getting it for free. Put it on and was disappointed. The pros were that it's stylish (mine is red with the white nexus 5. It looks like pokeball), it feels good, and it's light. The cons are the raised from and back edges. The lip on this case is almost to nothing. Literally maybe half a centimeter on the front and on the back. Luckily I have the lens protector skin from dBrand so it's not that big of a deal. If poetic were to revise this case as they usually do with their other cases and fixes all the hiccups they made. I would definitely buy again or ask for exchange.

Leave a Thanks I I helped
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Topromn
  • Graphic Design and Tester on Team AOSPAL
  • Running ParanoidSaberDroid
  • Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onmike
Old
Thanks Meter 43
To bad they are two tone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeonic View Post
First off. Didn't know OP was on XDA. Been subscribed haha. Also, here is a little review on my side. I ordered this case the 8th of November and was told it got lost and got a full refund. Worst thing was I got the phone that day and Ended up going to a T-Mobile and buying a generic plastic case. Nothing special. Literally just a flimsy plastic shell. It put me $15 more than my poetic and I was upset but I needed a case ASAP. I cracked my galaxy nexus. And took care of my nexus 4 as if it was my baby's baby. A week later. This case arrived. Ended up getting it for free. Put it on and was disappointed. The pros were that it's stylish (mine is red with the white nexus 5. It looks like pokeball), it feels good, and it's light. The cons are the raised from and back edges. The lip on this case is almost to nothing. Literally maybe half a centimeter on the front and on the back. Luckily I have the lens protector skin from dBrand so it's not that big of a deal. If poetic were to revise this case as they usually do with their other cases and fixes all the hiccups they made. I would definitely buy again or ask for exchange.

Don't think u can exchange a free case

Same thing actually happened to me and I ended up getting a free bumper and atmosphere case. I got the red one, black one and green.

>^.^< Sent From Meow G2

nadrojcote
Old
Thanks Meter 8
It seems its common to get free cases on amazon, I got two free spigen slim armors, they arrived after I cancelled my order and got my money back. And downtown your signature is huge, every thread I look at you post in and it takes up a lot of space on my screen. Forum rules are to keep your signature at a reasonable size, which I feel yours is not.

vintagepimpage
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Camera protruding beyond the back is a huge flaw. What good is your notification light if you're forced to lay your phone face down? Amazon reviews reflect this.