5,598,938 Members 31,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 cases; which is tougher yet usable?

Tip us?

angied
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by herosemblem View Post
Tech21 impact frame
Thanks. Does the clear back scratch easily?

I tried a Spigen Ultra Hybrid and didn't like the way my black nexus looked through the clear back, so i probably wouldnt like the Tech21. It must be just me, though, because I haven't found anyone who's said anything bad about that.

I love the Diztronic on my phone, but I'm worried that it's not enough protection. Someone did say they dropped their phone in that case a few times, on concrete, and didn't have any problems.. It just doesn't look like that protective..it makes me nervous.

herosemblem
Old
(Last edited by herosemblem; 6th March 2014 at 11:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by angied View Post
Thanks. Does the clear back scratch easily?
Very. It is the one downside of the case that I can find. That said, I went through eight cases including the Ultra Hybrid, and I have been using this 4-6 weeks. I use it with a dBrand black carbon skin on the phone's back.
I have yet to try Meguiars PlastX on the swirls. The case is noticeably slimmer than the Ultra Hybrid, and follows the phone's contours better as well.

I'll pm you a pic if you like
The Following User Says Thank You to herosemblem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angied
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by herosemblem View Post
Very. It is the one downside of the case that I can find. That said, I went through eight cases including the Ultra Hybrid, and I have been using this 4-6 weeks. I use it with a dBrand black carbon skin on the phone's back.
I have yet to try Meguiars PlastX on the swirls. The case is noticeably slimmer than the Ultra Hybrid, and follows the phone's contours better as well.

I'll pm you a pic if you like
Thanks, I'll have to go to TMo and put it on my phone to see if i can stand it..

Yes, please do send me a pic.

Gravitron34
Old
(Last edited by Gravitron34; 7th March 2014 at 03:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I have two cases:

The Spigen Ultra Fit and Diztronic TPU case

I'm a fan of both cases, though I prefer the Ultra Fit.

Both aren't that good for protection, but they will protect against most drops. I've drop my phone 5+ times with no issues.

I can't post links yet so sorry I can't link you to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gravitron34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 177
I've been using my $2 quick sand case recently and lobe the grip on the sides having a white N5. It feels slimmer and lighter than my Fusion hybrid case and won't protect as well in a fall but the extra grip makes that much less likely to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32

sinpapa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just ordered my Seidio Dilex Combo...should arrive soon. Will feedback back on thoughts and pics...

Mikeonic
Old
Thanks Meter 210

DONATE TO ME
I can vouch that the tech21 does not scratch easily. On normal use it will not scratch that easily. I even did a full review on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T0X...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Leave a Thanks I I helped
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Topromn
  • Graphic Design and Tester on Team AOSPAL
  • Running ParanoidSaberDroid
  • Nexus 5