Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Will Diztronic TPU case & Seidio Surface Holster work together?

OP Dekan54

16th December 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag The Villages, Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
Just wondering if anyone has tried to match the two of these together....

I purchased a Diztronic TPU case for my Nexus 5 - I would like to place it into a Seidio Surface holster while I am at work.

Does anyone know if the Diztronic and the Seidio holster work together with the Nexus 5?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diztronic Matte Black TPU Case.jpg
Views:	3282
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	2458112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seidio SURFACE Holster for LG Nexus 5.jpg
Views:	3052
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	2458113  
17th December 2013, 02:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Fargo ND
Thanks Meter: 89

138 posts
More
Well my Surface holster just showed up tonight and my guess is it would be a no go. The stock bumper case fits but extremely tight on the bottom. My Ringke fusion case is a little more snug then the official bumper case. Both are a little to thick. Prefect fit side to side and height wise. I had an active holster and Ringke e fusion for my N4 and was sloppy so I figured I would try the surface holster. Taking my holster in to work tomorrow and pull out the die grinder and do some trimming and I think it will fit perfectly after take a little bit out of the bottom of the holster. I hope this helps you out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Panzerapple For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2013, 02:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

51 posts
Thanks for the input and just wondering if others have found a solution. Keep me updated on your mods.....
17th December 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekan54

Thanks for the input and just wondering if others have found a solution. Keep me updated on your mods.....

I use a Seidio Surface holster with my cruzerlite cases without problems. see my attached pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1190.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	2459955   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1191.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	2459956  
The Following User Says Thank You to yocubed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2013, 05:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed

I use a Seidio Surface holster with my cruzerlite cases without problems. see my attached pic

@yocubed

That is what I would like to do except with a Diztronic TPU case - Just wondering if anyone else has these two and how they work / fit together.

Thanks
17th December 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekan54

@yocubed

That is what I would like to do except with a Diztronic TPU case - Just wondering if anyone else has these two and how they work / fit together.

Thanks

I don't have the Diztronic case but I did have both the Cruzerlite and Diztronic cases for my EVO 4G LTE and they both worked flawlessly with the seidio surface holster for that phone. My assumption is that the Diztronic would work fine with the surface holster like the cruzerlite cases do
The Following User Says Thank You to yocubed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

46 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed

I don't have the Diztronic case but I did have both the Cruzerlite and Diztronic cases for my EVO 4G LTE and they both worked flawlessly with the seidio surface holster for that phone. My assumption is that the Diztronic would work fine with the surface holster like the cruzerlite cases do

I just got the Diztronic TPU for my Verizon LG G2, and it fits PERFECTLY in the Seidio Surface holster!!!! The Nexus 5 is basically the same phone as the G2, so I am 99% sure it will be fine for you.

I would point out that the only thing that's a little awkward is that the non-slip "grip" of the TPU material is so grippy that you can't easily "pop the phone in" past the hinged clip - you have to lift the hinge back with one finger, put the phone in, and then let the clip spring back over the phone. Not a big deal, but just "different". I guess I'll have to learn a new hand motion.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread