LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nicest desktop stand?

OP ArtieQ

24th January 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 68

1,365 posts
More
Any suggestions?
24th January 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 59

362 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieQ

Any suggestions?

https://www.stumpstore.com/buynow/buynow.php
24th January 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 46

237 posts
The Nokia DT-910 is a very nice stand though you do really need to open it up and move the charge coil up a bit to get the best connection, not absolutely necessary to make the charger work but if you do it only gets slightly warm during charging. Perfect if you use the phone as a speakerphone all day as I do as it also projects the sound well and microphone is very clear for those on the other end apparently.

I've set up Tasker so that when I place it on the stand it automatically switches to speakerphone and makes the screen stay on during calls, it also disables the lockscreen and the screen can be woken by 'stroking' the proximity sensor, everything back to normal when you take it off again. It has an nfc tag built in but it's more convenient just to use connecting to a wireless charger as a trigger.
24th January 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 26

169 posts
More
The Tylt Vu. It's a nice looking wireless charger that tilts up at a 45 degree angle while it charges. It has 3 charging coils in it, so it will pretty much charge no matter what position you place your phone in on the stand: vertical, horizontal, upside down, it doesn't matter. I really like it and it looks pretty nice on my desk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th January 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 20

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintstephens

The Tylt Vu. It's a nice looking wireless charger that tilts up at a 45 degree angle while it charges. It has 3 charging coils in it, so it will pretty much charge no matter what position you place your phone in on the stand: vertical, horizontal, upside down, it doesn't matter. I really like it and it looks pretty nice on my desk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Before ordering a TYLT you'll want to read this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522361
24th January 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 129

509 posts
More
Loving the look of this one: http://i.imgur.com/FssjsKX.jpg

More info/pictures/links here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611246
24th January 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #7  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159

510 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagritte

Yes. Reading that is a MUST if you are thinking about the Vu.
24th January 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,063

4,874 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagritte

Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

Yes. Reading that is a MUST if you are thinking about the Vu.

Been using the Tylt Vu since before the Kickstarter ended. They sent me one of the first retail versions and I only had a heating issue on my Nexus 4 running a custom rom. On my N5, it's been perfect for me. I am stock and unrooted. No heating issues at all.

BTT: The Vu is nice, but has a big footprint. I personally use it at home next to the bed. At work, I have the orb. There are a few orb type ones that people have been using successfully. Or you can grab a LG charging pad. Once you take the speaker out, it's also a great charging pad IMO.
3rd February 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #9  
Flag Saint Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 5

52 posts
More
I've been trying to find photos of a teardown. I have a couple of these and one works so-so, the other barely works at all. I already figured out it was due to the height of the coil. How do you open this up, and how far did you move the coil up? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g1an

The Nokia DT-910 is a very nice stand though you do really need to open it up and move the charge coil up a bit to get the best connection, not absolutely necessary to make the charger work but if you do it only gets slightly warm during charging. Perfect if you use the phone as a speakerphone all day as I do as it also projects the sound well and microphone is very clear for those on the other end apparently.

I've set up Tasker so that when I place it on the stand it automatically switches to speakerphone and makes the screen stay on during calls, it also disables the lockscreen and the screen can be woken by 'stroking' the proximity sensor, everything back to normal when you take it off again. It has an nfc tag built in but it's more convenient just to use connecting to a wireless charger as a trigger.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread