Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more
Post Reply

Nicest desktop stand?

24th January 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 67
 
1,358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Any suggestions?
24th January 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #2  
th3xeroeagle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 56
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieQ

Any suggestions?

https://www.stumpstore.com/buynow/buynow.php
24th January 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
The Nokia DT-910 is a very nice stand though you do really need to open it up and move the charge coil up a bit to get the best connection, not absolutely necessary to make the charger work but if you do it only gets slightly warm during charging. Perfect if you use the phone as a speakerphone all day as I do as it also projects the sound well and microphone is very clear for those on the other end apparently.

I've set up Tasker so that when I place it on the stand it automatically switches to speakerphone and makes the screen stay on during calls, it also disables the lockscreen and the screen can be woken by 'stroking' the proximity sensor, everything back to normal when you take it off again. It has an nfc tag built in but it's more convenient just to use connecting to a wireless charger as a trigger.
24th January 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 26
 
169 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
The Tylt Vu. It's a nice looking wireless charger that tilts up at a 45 degree angle while it charges. It has 3 charging coils in it, so it will pretty much charge no matter what position you place your phone in on the stand: vertical, horizontal, upside down, it doesn't matter. I really like it and it looks pretty nice on my desk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th January 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintstephens

The Tylt Vu. It's a nice looking wireless charger that tilts up at a 45 degree angle while it charges. It has 3 charging coils in it, so it will pretty much charge no matter what position you place your phone in on the stand: vertical, horizontal, upside down, it doesn't matter. I really like it and it looks pretty nice on my desk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Before ordering a TYLT you'll want to read this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522361
24th January 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
504 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Loving the look of this one: http://i.imgur.com/FssjsKX.jpg

More info/pictures/links here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611246
24th January 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 137
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagritte

Before ordering a TYLT you'll want to read this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522361

Yes. Reading that is a MUST if you are thinking about the Vu.
24th January 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #8  
kpjimmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,014
 
4,759 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagritte

Before ordering a TYLT you'll want to read this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522361

Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

Yes. Reading that is a MUST if you are thinking about the Vu.

Been using the Tylt Vu since before the Kickstarter ended. They sent me one of the first retail versions and I only had a heating issue on my Nexus 4 running a custom rom. On my N5, it's been perfect for me. I am stock and unrooted. No heating issues at all.

BTT: The Vu is nice, but has a big footprint. I personally use it at home next to the bed. At work, I have the orb. There are a few orb type ones that people have been using successfully. Or you can grab a LG charging pad. Once you take the speaker out, it's also a great charging pad IMO.
3rd February 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #9  
Member
Flag Saint Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
I've been trying to find photos of a teardown. I have a couple of these and one works so-so, the other barely works at all. I already figured out it was due to the height of the coil. How do you open this up, and how far did you move the coil up? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g1an

The Nokia DT-910 is a very nice stand though you do really need to open it up and move the charge coil up a bit to get the best connection, not absolutely necessary to make the charger work but if you do it only gets slightly warm during charging. Perfect if you use the phone as a speakerphone all day as I do as it also projects the sound well and microphone is very clear for those on the other end apparently.

I've set up Tasker so that when I place it on the stand it automatically switches to speakerphone and makes the screen stay on during calls, it also disables the lockscreen and the screen can be woken by 'stroking' the proximity sensor, everything back to normal when you take it off again. It has an nfc tag built in but it's more convenient just to use connecting to a wireless charger as a trigger.


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Accessories by ThreadRank