5,605,311 Members 38,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nyko Playpad - Cant get to work!

Tip us?

Stal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Nyko Playpad - Cant get to work!

Hi guys

I've just picked up a Nyko Playpad today and have been trying for ages to get this thing to work!

The website says it supports any Android device with android 3.0 or higher, however I cant seem to even find the device in the bluetooth settings, no matter what mode the controller is in.

I also have a Nexus 7 here as well, upgraded to 4.4.2 and that cant find it either! Both phone and tablet running stock 4.4.2 rooted.

Anyone every tried any of these? Or got any advice?

Maybe they don't support 4.4? There is a "firmware update" appliction in the play store, but you need to pair the device before you can flash the firmware.

Any recommendations on something similar that will work with the Nexus 5 and 7, in the UK?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Stal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt_not_andrew
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Try this site

http://nyko-playpad.blogspot.co.uk/p/help.html?m=1

I have my playpad arriving Christmas day and this site looks like it covers using the playpad better than the support from the official homepage for the company.

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Stal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, I came across that page but the instructions don't work.

What I think may be happening is the playpad needs the firmware update to be used on android version 4.2+, but u need to have it connected in order to update the firmware via their app. Might need to find a device with an older android version to update the firmware, then see if it works.

Also, it seems the advertise this as being able to map buttons to touch input positions, even on the box, but it seems it doesn't support this yet as their app is still in beta, and has been for over a year! Bit of a legal grey area maybe, and can understand why some people aren't happy about it.

I'm not so bothered about the toiuch mapping, I'd just like to get the damn thing connected!

If I'm right about the firmware thing, u may not be able to use this with your nexus 5 out of the box

I'll see if I can find someone with a device running something below 4.2 and report back if the firmware update works.

Psygno
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm in the same boat, I picked up a Playpad Pro to use with my Nexus 7. It connects and I can use it for most things, but the Playground app wont see it for the more advanced stuff.