Offbrand Wireless Charging Orb

Tip us?

thor6577
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Default Offbrand Wireless Charging Orb

I found a nice wireless charger online, but due to the fact that I haven't bought a wireless charger before, I have no idea if the specifications it has are any good. Here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1E57UY6AMKO25

What do you guys think?
My Devices:
Nexus 5
Running Stock ROM

LG-P999 G2X
Retired

Samsung Galaxy S ll T989
Rooted, Running on stock ROM, stock kernel 2.3.3

Nexus 7 2013 Tablet
Rooted, Running on PA 4.0 , 4.4.2, PA Kernel

Contributions
Boot Animations
It take 5 minutes to download and flash a ROM, but it only takes a few seconds to thank me.

johnq54
Old
(Last edited by johnq54; 20th January 2014 at 04:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 91
I bought the same one. Had it for about a week now, and with no problems charging the phone.

My only issue is trying to find a case for the phone that doesn't slide off the charger. Both spigen cases I have bought, the phone slides off after a few minutes. Without a case, the phone stays on beautifully. However, I like to keep my phone in a case all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

thor6577
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq54 View Post
I bought the same one. Had it for about a week now, and with no problems charging the phone.

My only issue is trying to find a case for the phone that doesn't slide off the charger. Both spigen cases I have bought, the phone slides off after a few minutes. Without a case, the phone stays on beautifully. However, I like to keep my phone in a case all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Try attaching some thin magnets on the surface of the charger. You could alternatively buy some magnet tape and apply that.
My Devices:
Nexus 5
Running Stock ROM

LG-P999 G2X
Retired

Samsung Galaxy S ll T989

Nexus 7 2013 Tablet

Contributions
Boot Animations
It take 5 minutes to download and flash a ROM, but it only takes a few seconds to thank me.

thor6577
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
I also found this one that looks fine but there are no reviews so I'm a little bit hesitant. http://www.amazon.com/PThink-Qi-Enab...ywords=qi+coil

My Devices:
Nexus 5
Running Stock ROM

LG-P999 G2X
Retired

Samsung Galaxy S ll T989

Nexus 7 2013 Tablet

Contributions
Boot Animations

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor6577 View Post
I also found this one that looks fine but there are no reviews so I'm a little bit hesitant. http://www.amazon.com/PThink-Qi-Enab...ywords=qi+coil

That really depends on where the coils are located on that device. It looks like it should work, if you are going by the qi mark in the center, because the coil on the N5 is close to the center of the phone.

EDIT: I see they say it has three coils. If that is the case, then it's like the Tylt VU where it has three or so coils.
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images
The Following User Says Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor6577 View Post
I found a nice wireless charger online, but due to the fact that I haven't bought a wireless charger before, I have no idea if the specifications it has are any good. Here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1E57UY6AMKO25

What do you guys think?
Those specs are good. It's the same 1000mA output as most Qi chargers. If the output is rated below 1000mA then don't buy it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sosquidtaste
Old
Thanks Meter 111
That's odd. I have the same off-brand (bought mine on NewEgg, but it looks to be the same one) Qi charger and I've not had any kind of slippage issues with mine.

Took it on a trip recently, and it held up just fine without slipping when I was using my Ringke Slim case. And-- needless to say-- I have no slipping problems when I'm not traveling, and go caseless on my N5.

I always did prefer the Nexus Orb charger look!