Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Offbrand Wireless Charging Orb

OP thor6577

20th January 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mesquite
Thanks Meter: 236

374 posts
More
I found a nice wireless charger online, but due to the fact that I haven't bought a wireless charger before, I have no idea if the specifications it has are any good. Here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1E57UY6AMKO25

What do you guys think?
20th January 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 91

90 posts
I bought the same one. Had it for about a week now, and with no problems charging the phone.

My only issue is trying to find a case for the phone that doesn't slide off the charger. Both spigen cases I have bought, the phone slides off after a few minutes. Without a case, the phone stays on beautifully. However, I like to keep my phone in a case all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by johnq54; 20th January 2014 at 05:24 AM.
20th January 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mesquite

374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq54

I bought the same one. Had it for about a week now, and with no problems charging the phone.

My only issue is trying to find a case for the phone that doesn't slide off the charger. Both spigen cases I have bought, the phone slides off after a few minutes. Without a case, the phone stays on beautifully. However, I like to keep my phone in a case all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Try attaching some thin magnets on the surface of the charger. You could alternatively buy some magnet tape and apply that.
21st January 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mesquite

374 posts
More
I also found this one that looks fine but there are no reviews so I'm a little bit hesitant. http://www.amazon.com/PThink-Qi-Enab...ywords=qi+coil

21st January 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #5  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,064

4,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor6577

I also found this one that looks fine but there are no reviews so I'm a little bit hesitant. http://www.amazon.com/PThink-Qi-Enab...ywords=qi+coil

That really depends on where the coils are located on that device. It looks like it should work, if you are going by the qi mark in the center, because the coil on the N5 is close to the center of the phone.

EDIT: I see they say it has three coils. If that is the case, then it's like the Tylt VU where it has three or so coils.
The Following User Says Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,005

806 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor6577

I found a nice wireless charger online, but due to the fact that I haven't bought a wireless charger before, I have no idea if the specifications it has are any good. Here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1E57UY6AMKO25

What do you guys think?

Those specs are good. It's the same 1000mA output as most Qi chargers. If the output is rated below 1000mA then don't buy it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #7  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 119

368 posts
More
That's odd. I have the same off-brand (bought mine on NewEgg, but it looks to be the same one) Qi charger and I've not had any kind of slippage issues with mine.

Took it on a trip recently, and it held up just fine without slipping when I was using my Ringke Slim case. And-- needless to say-- I have no slipping problems when I'm not traveling, and go caseless on my N5.

I always did prefer the Nexus Orb charger look!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread