No registration required

Official bumper peeling fixed?

OP Mottz

1st June 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm in the works of upgrading my Nexus 4 for a Nexus 5, and i just fell in love with the red official bumper but when i started reading all the reviews saying it started peeling the same day my hearth broke

So i was wondering if theres a chance they've fixed the issue with the peeling, and also has anyone tried like peeling the whole case just to get rid of the top coat to see if its any good?

Thanks!
1st June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #2  
Ljubljana, SI
Thanks Meter: 8

22 posts
I own black one for 6 months now, I have no issues with peeling or whatsoever. It still looks like brand new. I think you should be concerned about discoloration. Red, yellow and grey are prone to this.
2nd June 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Red Bumper Case is a Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottz

Hey everyone,

I'm in the works of upgrading my Nexus 4 for a Nexus 5, and i just fell in love with the red official bumper but when i started reading all the reviews saying it started peeling the same day my hearth broke

So i was wondering if theres a chance they've fixed the issue with the peeling, and also has anyone tried like peeling the whole case just to get rid of the top coat to see if its any good?

Thanks!

My neon red Nexus 5 in its neon red bumper case and is doing great after two months. No discoloration, but then again it's not lying around on dirty surfaces, plus I take care of it. I would certainly buy it again.
2nd June 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
Well.. The discoloration is the less worrisome, I don't mind buying a case every 6 months in case it gets too ugly.

What scared me was the vast majority of people that got the official bumper had some sort of issue with it peeling the outer layer, even on the first day of use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag IN
Thanks Meter: 104

337 posts
My 2 week old red bumper isn't peeling but the finish is starting to wear off the bottom edge so the corners look dark.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread