Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 40,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official bumper peeling fixed?

Tip us?

Mottz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Official bumper peeling fixed?

Hey everyone,

I'm in the works of upgrading my Nexus 4 for a Nexus 5, and i just fell in love with the red official bumper but when i started reading all the reviews saying it started peeling the same day my hearth broke

So i was wondering if theres a chance they've fixed the issue with the peeling, and also has anyone tried like peeling the whole case just to get rid of the top coat to see if its any good?

Thanks!

Dejan99
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I own black one for 6 months now, I have no issues with peeling or whatsoever. It still looks like brand new. I think you should be concerned about discoloration. Red, yellow and grey are prone to this.
Google Nexus 5

Anacortes Nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Red Bumper Case is a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottz View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm in the works of upgrading my Nexus 4 for a Nexus 5, and i just fell in love with the red official bumper but when i started reading all the reviews saying it started peeling the same day my hearth broke

So i was wondering if theres a chance they've fixed the issue with the peeling, and also has anyone tried like peeling the whole case just to get rid of the top coat to see if its any good?

Thanks!
My neon red Nexus 5 in its neon red bumper case and is doing great after two months. No discoloration, but then again it's not lying around on dirty surfaces, plus I take care of it. I would certainly buy it again.

Mottz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Well.. The discoloration is the less worrisome, I don't mind buying a case every 6 months in case it gets too ugly.

What scared me was the vast majority of people that got the official bumper had some sort of issue with it peeling the outer layer, even on the first day of use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fallingd0wn
Old
Thanks Meter 87
My 2 week old red bumper isn't peeling but the finish is starting to wear off the bottom edge so the corners look dark.