5,599,394 Members 38,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Google Nexus Wireless Charger

Tip us?

samizad
Old
(Last edited by samizad; 20th November 2013 at 10:28 PM.) Reason: Added Youtube link to Android Central mini review.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Default Official Google Nexus Wireless Charger

I just placed an order for this on Google Play. It says

"Totally wireless charging.
With the Nexus Wireless Charger, your new Nexus 7 becomes the first truly wireless tablet. No more messing around with wires, cables and plugs as€“ your tablet just fits into place on the magnetic face and begins charging. The Nexus Wireless Charger adheres securely to any surface, such as your desk, counter top or bedside table, which means“ the convenience of grab-and-go charging is always within easy reach."

Nothing about whether it will be suitable for use as a car cradle. We will see.

Here is a mini review.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) | Stock 4.4.2, Rooted, TWRP.
Previous Phones: Siemens S25 | Siemens S35 | Nokia 7110 | Nokia 7650 | HTC Himalaya | HTC Alpine | Samsung D500 | HTC Magician | Samsung I300 | HTC Artemis | HTC Kaiser | HTC Diamond | HTC Leo | Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)

Johmama
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
I'm looking at it right now and wondering whether or not I'd actually use it. I have the Nexus 4 charging orb, and a Nokia DT900 (or whatever the lay-down version is called). I use the orb at work while I listen to music and the DT900 at home while sitting in my recliner watching TV/playing games. If I bought another charger, it would probably be my bed-side charger. In that case, I almost would rather buy another orb because of the angle it provides. I can fit my Nexus 7 on the orb as long as it's in landscape orientation, which is probably how I'd have it anyway. Decisions, decisions...

catpunt
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johmama View Post
I'm looking at it right now and wondering whether or not I'd actually use it. I have the Nexus 4 charging orb, and a Nokia DT900 (or whatever the lay-down version is called). I use the orb at work while I listen to music and the DT900 at home while sitting in my recliner watching TV/playing games. If I bought another charger, it would probably be my bed-side charger. In that case, I almost would rather buy another orb because of the angle it provides. I can fit my Nexus 7 on the orb as long as it's in landscape orientation, which is probably how I'd have it anyway. Decisions, decisions...
i agree, i have the orb and a dt900 and i like the angle of the orb

samizad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm hoping that the magnetic face on this new charger will be strong enough to hold the Nexus 5 in a vertical position. Doubtful though.
Previous Phones: Siemens S25 | Siemens S35 | Nokia 7110 | Nokia 7650 | HTC Himalaya | HTC Alpine | Samsung D500 | HTC Magician | Samsung I300 | HTC Artemis | HTC Kaiser | HTC Diamond | HTC Leo | Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)

Johmama
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samizad View Post
I'm hoping that the magnetic face on this new charger will be strong enough to hold the Nexus 5 in a vertical position. Doubtful though.
Oh, like stand it up? For some car mount or something? Hey, if it were strong enough to actually do that I might buy it. Let me know how that goes and I might end up buying that one instead of another orb.

samizad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh, like stand it up? For some car mount or something? Hey, if it were strong enough to actually do that I might buy it. Let me know how that goes and I might end up buying that one instead of another orb.
Yeah, that's my thinking. To use it in the car as a wireless charging mount. I am not skilled enough to do the hardware mods people are showing on this forum so hoping for this.

I should have it in a couple of days and will report back.

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 951
Lil expensive, but this one supposedly has magnets eh?

Here's a cheap one for $25 bux

http://www.dailysteals.com/?utm_sour...110177#d/14411
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

sblantipodi
Old
Thanks Meter 18
where did you bought it? where do you come from?
in Italy play store has no wireless charger.

t4t3r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just ordered one from Google as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

sblantipodi
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4t3r View Post
Just ordered one from Google as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app