5,606,722 Members 37,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any phone stands that would work with the n5 and the nexus charger?

Tip us?

dinggus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Don't really see how, and I have no issues with either of my devices. I would think if wireless chargers damaged the battery, then phone manufacturers wouldn't add that feature. Do you mind linking that post?
Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583508

Article that was posted by a user: http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-...ht-w-513217256

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Ahhh the heat thing. Yeah, that *can* degrade the performance of a battery over an extended period of time, but I don't see that being a major concern. Your phone gets warmer during gaming sessions or just browsing the web than it does when on a wireless charger so the argument can be made that it's worse for the battery to actually use the phone than to charge it wirelessly. That said, at least in my experience, my TYLT charger doesn't make my N5 or N7 warm at all. And my N5 is on it all the time. Bottom line- use your phone the way you want to, you're going to be upgrading long before your battery dies anyway.
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 587
Slightly OT, but does it matter if you plug in your Qi charger into a USB 2.0 port on a computer, or do you need to use a USB 3.0?

I know that the mAh of USB 2.0 is something like only 500mAh, but I believe it still supplies the same 5V as USB 3.0 would. Would a Qi charger go by the 5V input, or would is use the 500mAh max draw rendering the charge time absolutely horrendous?

I don't really know how it works too well. I have my Qi charger plugged into a USB port on my power bar for my night stand. But I'd like to have 2 more, 1 for my desk (hooked to my desktop computer) and another for my notebook.