Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poetic Case Review with pics

Tip us?

glenroebuck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default Poetic Case Review with pics

I have been searching for a slim case that added no bulk to my sleek nexus 5. I looked at Ringke, Spigen but all the reviews on amazon said they damaged the phone corners. I was going to settle for a soft TPU case when I stumbled across this. Poetic sand black case for nexus 5. Even better it was 4.95 with free prime shipping. I figured I would take a shot since I know a lot of people like the poetic cases.

I must say I really do love the case. the cut outs for the buttons are nice, the top and bottom are exposed fully rather than cutouts but the case extends a bit past the ends so they would be somewhat protected on a drop. The case fits like a glove but I have had it on and off a few times and so far no damage to the corners. It adds almost no bulk, infact it makes the phone that much better for me. The sand texture on the case makes it really grippy. It does not slide around in my coat pocket, It feels really nice in my hand, almost like a coated textured metal. It extends far enough that if I flip the phone the glass does not touch the table and the camera lens does not poke out past the back.

Short of a bumper case, which I was not too crazy about this is probably the best case I have seen so far for the N5.

The Following User Says Thank You to glenroebuck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3453

DONATE TO ME
How difficult is it to take off the case? It seems more or less like a SLIM case but instead of using the texture on SLIM it uses sand.
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

Jason_MCG
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Should've done a forum search. I did a review on the same case about a week and half ago, mang.

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3453

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_MCG View Post
Should've done a forum search. I did a review on the same case about a week and half ago, mang.
More reviews the merrier. OP isn't asking, hes doing his own review.
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Decent case but find it unbranded as "quicksand" on ebay for $1-3. Sit back and wait 3 weeks for it to arrive though.
W32

hsrn
Old
(Last edited by hsrn; 13th February 2014 at 10:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
Sorry wrong thread