Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Poetic Case Review with pics

OP glenroebuck

11th February 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 62

371 posts
I have been searching for a slim case that added no bulk to my sleek nexus 5. I looked at Ringke, Spigen but all the reviews on amazon said they damaged the phone corners. I was going to settle for a soft TPU case when I stumbled across this. Poetic sand black case for nexus 5. Even better it was 4.95 with free prime shipping. I figured I would take a shot since I know a lot of people like the poetic cases.

I must say I really do love the case. the cut outs for the buttons are nice, the top and bottom are exposed fully rather than cutouts but the case extends a bit past the ends so they would be somewhat protected on a drop. The case fits like a glove but I have had it on and off a few times and so far no damage to the corners. It adds almost no bulk, infact it makes the phone that much better for me. The sand texture on the case makes it really grippy. It does not slide around in my coat pocket, It feels really nice in my hand, almost like a coated textured metal. It extends far enough that if I flip the phone the glass does not touch the table and the camera lens does not poke out past the back.

Short of a bumper case, which I was not too crazy about this is probably the best case I have seen so far for the N5.

The Following User Says Thank You to glenroebuck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,747

13,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
How difficult is it to take off the case? It seems more or less like a SLIM case but instead of using the texture on SLIM it uses sand.
12th February 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 45

189 posts
Should've done a forum search. I did a review on the same case about a week and half ago, mang.
12th February 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,747

13,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_MCG

Should've done a forum search. I did a review on the same case about a week and half ago, mang.

More reviews the merrier. OP isn't asking, hes doing his own review.
13th February 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 346

1,444 posts
More
Decent case but find it unbranded as "quicksand" on ebay for $1-3. Sit back and wait 3 weeks for it to arrive though.
13th February 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 83

265 posts
More
Sorry wrong thread
Last edited by hsrn; 13th February 2014 at 11:35 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread