FORUMS

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Two port wall charger?

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 217
 
By raptir, Senior Member on 28th April 2014, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm basically looking for something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Du...t+wall+charger

but where both ports will charge Android devices properly. Everything I have found is either a) 1 Android 1 iPhone, like this, b) two iPhone or c) more of a desktop charger and too bulky to fit in a single outlet.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a two-port charger that fits in a single outlet that would charge two Nexus 5s or a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7 at full speed?
 
 
28th April 2014, 04:18 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 412
 
More
When I search for dual port usb charger on Amazon, there are a lot of results that match your criterias.

Besides this specialized for iPhone or Android is marketing bullcrap.

Tap-a-talked from my Nexus 5
Last edited by Hatshipuh; 28th April 2014 at 04:21 PM.
28th April 2014, 04:25 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatshipuh

When I search for dual port usb charger on Amazon, there are a lot of results that match your criterias.

Besides this specialized for iPhone or Android is marketing bullcrap.

Tap-a-talked from my Nexus 5

It's not, at all. iPhones expect there to be a voltage across the data pins to determine the maximum power provided by the charger while Android phones expect the data pins to be shorted. If you use an Android phone on an iPhone charger you end up only charging at USB charging speed (500mA) rather than AC speed (up to 1500mA).
justinisloco
28th April 2014, 06:01 PM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptir

I'm basically looking for something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Du...t+wall+charger

but where both ports will charge Android devices properly. Everything I have found is either a) 1 Android 1 iPhone, like this, b) two iPhone or c) more of a desktop charger and too bulky to fit in a single outlet.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a two-port charger that fits in a single outlet that would charge two Nexus 5s or a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7 at full speed?

I bought one on Motorolas website, its like $30, comes with a USB Cable, all OEM made for android devices. I know what you mean about it saying one iphone and one android. This one is OEM so you will be OK.

http://www.motorola.com/us/6W-Dual-P...l-Charger.html

http://www.motorola.com/us/accessori...d-charger.html
28th April 2014, 06:08 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco

I bought one on Motorolas website, its like $30, comes with a USB Cable, all OEM made for android devices. I know what you mean about it saying one iphone and one android. This one is OEM so you will be OK.

http://www.motorola.com/us/6W-Dual-P...l-Charger.html

http://www.motorola.com/us/accessori...d-charger.html

Hm, that looks nice but I'm concerned about the power output. It lists it as a 6W/1.2A charger which would not even be able to charge the Nexus 5 alone at full speed (1.5A) let alone the two together. I would assume that if you have two devices connected you would get 0.6A each?
28th April 2014, 07:52 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
I just got this one because (finally) it is a charger that doesn't use up multiple sockets in a power strip. The whole charger is the size of the plug:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you think the apple port won't work well with android devices, you could get one of these gadgets:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes