Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pressy clone for $0.39 shipped.

Tip us?

thesoupthief
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Only that you can use Xprivacy or app ops to deny potentially "spying" permissions

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thesoupthief For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

herosemblem
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoupthief View Post
Another neat app - very versatile and rather more reliable than the others https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hop.audiopress
Also it plays well with Shortcuts & Tasker
Slight pity about the persistent icon being a headset, but that's turn-off-able
I have this app and it works great and requires zero permissions. However, my phone thinks I have a headset plugged in, and sound does not come through my speakers because of this.
Any work-around?

I also do not have a persistent icon visible, but I'm guessing that is probably because I'm not using the Tasker App. I'm only using the Press Audio Jack Control (AKA "AudioPress") app.

Thanks all!

thesoupthief
Old
Thanks Meter 55
AudioPress doesn't seem to have an inbuilt workaround (may be possible to use another app to do this but that may over complicate things). Headset Button Controller on the other hand allows different profiles for different devices - you can set one for your headset, another for your button. This is the app with the persistent icon
IIRC mikey does the audio rerouting correctly as do some of the others. AudioPress is very good at what it does, but lacks a few features like this

The Following User Says Thank You to thesoupthief For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

herosemblem
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you for he clarification. I will explore the other options.