FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Project - Wireless Lego Magnet Dock

26th February 2014, 01:14 AM |#1  
vavaud's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Hey everyone,

I just finished the a major step in my custom Lego Nexus 5 dock. And i wanted to share my project with everyone.

Now, first i would like to say thank you to kidgenius http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545350 &
Fallon9111 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586566 for their projets. Without them i would not have come up with this project.



Action Shot


I don't want to over load the post with pictures so here is my imgur blog on the project (a lot more information is there).
http://imgur.com/a/sTWkt


If you guys have any questions or ideas please post them (or you can PM me), i would love to see what everyone creates for our awesome phones
Last edited by vavaud; 5th March 2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Update
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vavaud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
26th February 2014, 01:47 AM |#2  
kong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 921
 
More
Cool!

Would like to see it in action too. If you have all the parts in place please post some more pics
26th February 2014, 02:06 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavaud

Hey everyone,

I just finished the a major step in my custom Lego Nexus 5 dock. And i wanted to share my project with everyone.

Now, first i would like to say thank you to kidgenius http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545350 &
Fallon9111 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586566 for their projets. Without them i would not have come up with this project.



I don't want to over load the post with pictures so here is my imgur blog on the project (a lot more information is there).
http://imgur.com/a/sTWkt


If you guys have any questions or ideas please post them (or you can PM me), i would love to see what everyone creates for our awesome phones

First of all great Dock .

If is possible can you share your Lego digital designer file?
26th February 2014, 03:45 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag VA Beach
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
That looks good. Side note though, I really like that green glowing die in the background.
26th February 2014, 11:58 AM |#5  
vavaud's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealyourface

That looks good. Side note though, I really like that green glowing die in the background.

Thank you , & a friend knitted the whole thing.
27th February 2014, 04:16 PM |#6  
vavaud's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kong

Cool!

Would like to see it in action too. If you have all the parts in place please post some more pics

Thank you, I still waiting to get paid so i can buy the magnets and the QI coil. so i should have more pictures uploaded with a few days
27th February 2014, 11:51 PM |#7  
Galaxysm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mission
Thanks Meter: 600
 
More
Will keep an eye on this ;p. I have a lot of Lego's at home lol.

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Accessories by ThreadRank