Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [almost Q] Stereo speaker mod [almost Request]

Tip us?

ashirviskas
Old
(Last edited by ashirviskas; 27th June 2014 at 10:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Audio [Q] [almost Q] Stereo speaker mod [almost Request]

Yeah, it is correct. I'd like to know if there is a possibility to add anothe or a whole two speakers to nexus 5 for stereo music . Yeah, it IS possible, but would it be fairly easy to do? Is there enough room to put there another speaker? Or maybe I would need to remove microphone, put it somewhere else, then rewire headphone jack wire to the additional speaker and the phone would think that I am using my headphones all the time..? Would I need a custom circuit to reroute headphone jack and still use it (amplifiers etc)? Would anybody risk their phones to get a decent stereo on their device? I don't have N5 yet, but I am planning to get it in few weeks (1 to 3 weeks). What is your opinion on this? Are there any experts in DIY electronics to help me (and probably other users) with this? Yeah, a lot of questions, but maybe someone is competent to answer these? I would be really happy Thanks

EDIT: Is this right section?
Nexus 5

zolo185
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashirviskas View Post
Yeah, it is correct. I'd like to know if there is a possibility to add anothe or a whole two speakers to nexus 5 for stereo music . Yeah, it IS possible, but would it be fairly easy to do? Is there enough room to put there another speaker? Or maybe I would need to remove microphone, put it somewhere else, then rewire headphone jack wire to the additional speaker and the phone would think that I am using my headphones all the time..? Would I need a custom circuit to reroute headphone jack and still use it (amplifiers etc)? Would anybody risk their phones to get a decent stereo on their device? I don't have N5 yet, but I am planning to get it in few weeks (1 to 3 weeks). What is your opinion on this? Are there any experts in DIY electronics to help me (and probably other users) with this? Yeah, a lot of questions, but maybe someone is competent to answer these? I would be really happy Thanks

EDIT: Is this right section?
Wrong section. But good luck.

daniel_loft
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I don't think there's enough space, you don't have a stereo amplifier for the speakers and I think you'd be better off with a phone that was designed from the beginning with stereo speakers.
Nokia 5110 > Alcatel OT303 > Nokia 3310 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia 1112 > Nokia 5000 > Nokia 6555 > Nokia 3120C > Nokia E51 > Nokia E52 > Motorola Defy > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 5

<-- Hit THANKS if this post helped you!

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Also, having stereo speakers right beside each other kind of defeats the purpose. The OPO does this and there is little to no discernible separation between both the speakers on the bottom.
W32

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft View Post
I don't think there's enough space, you don't have a stereo amplifier for the speakers and I think you'd be better off with a phone that was designed from the beginning with stereo speakers.
Exactly. It would be mono x 2 ... Though some pple don't realise different sound comes out each spker.NOT XDA readers

A WORKING APP WOULD BE NICE...