[Q] [almost Q] Stereo speaker mod [almost Request]

OP ashirviskas

27th June 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 22

183 posts
More
Yeah, it is correct. I'd like to know if there is a possibility to add anothe or a whole two speakers to nexus 5 for stereo music . Yeah, it IS possible, but would it be fairly easy to do? Is there enough room to put there another speaker? Or maybe I would need to remove microphone, put it somewhere else, then rewire headphone jack wire to the additional speaker and the phone would think that I am using my headphones all the time..? Would I need a custom circuit to reroute headphone jack and still use it (amplifiers etc)? Would anybody risk their phones to get a decent stereo on their device? I don't have N5 yet, but I am planning to get it in few weeks (1 to 3 weeks). What is your opinion on this? Are there any experts in DIY electronics to help me (and probably other users) with this? Yeah, a lot of questions, but maybe someone is competent to answer these? I would be really happy Thanks

EDIT: Is this right section?
Last edited by ashirviskas; 27th June 2014 at 10:59 PM.
27th June 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 26

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashirviskas

Yeah, it is correct. I'd like to know if there is a possibility to add anothe or a whole two speakers to nexus 5 for stereo music . Yeah, it IS possible, but would it be fairly easy to do? Is there enough room to put there another speaker? Or maybe I would need to remove microphone, put it somewhere else, then rewire headphone jack wire to the additional speaker and the phone would think that I am using my headphones all the time..? Would I need a custom circuit to reroute headphone jack and still use it (amplifiers etc)? Would anybody risk their phones to get a decent stereo on their device? I don't have N5 yet, but I am planning to get it in few weeks (1 to 3 weeks). What is your opinion on this? Are there any experts in DIY electronics to help me (and probably other users) with this? Yeah, a lot of questions, but maybe someone is competent to answer these? I would be really happy Thanks

EDIT: Is this right section?

Wrong section. But good luck.
28th June 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 45

333 posts
More
I don't think there's enough space, you don't have a stereo amplifier for the speakers and I think you'd be better off with a phone that was designed from the beginning with stereo speakers.
29th June 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 325

1,382 posts
More
Also, having stereo speakers right beside each other kind of defeats the purpose. The OPO does this and there is little to no discernible separation between both the speakers on the bottom.
30th June 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #5  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 180

1,282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft

I don't think there's enough space, you don't have a stereo amplifier for the speakers and I think you'd be better off with a phone that was designed from the beginning with stereo speakers.

Exactly. It would be mono x 2 ... Though some pple don't realise different sound comes out each spker.NOT XDA readers

A WORKING APP WOULD BE NICE...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread