Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Qi Wirless charger surface problem

Tip us?

pikachukaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,518

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]Qi Wirless charger surface problem

I found a chinese kind of wirless charger....i dont really care how fast its charging...but i have a problem with the surface....it seems it didnt have magnets...and the tape isn't sticky...did someone have some idea of what i can do to make the surface to stick better with the nexus 5???thanks!!!

dave2metz
Old
Thanks Meter 173
I don't think any of the QI Wireless Chargers have magnets or a way to hold the phone, except for the Official Nexus 5 QI Wireless Charger. That's the only one I have heard that uses magnets to hold the Nexus 5.

NEXUS 5
ADDICTED TO XDA SINCE 2010

- NEXUS 5 -

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki View Post
I found a chinese kind of wirless charger....i dont really care how fast its charging...but i have a problem with the surface....it seems it didnt have magnets...and the tape isn't sticky...did someone have some idea of what i can do to make the surface to stick better with the nexus 5???thanks!!!
Did you use a damp microfiber cloth and wipe down the tape? Some of those tapes needs a good cleaning to get all that dust and gunk from the micro suction cups.
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

pikachukaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,518

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy View Post
Did you use a damp microfiber cloth and wipe down the tape? Some of those tapes needs a good cleaning to get all that dust and gunk from the micro suction cups.
I try everything....the only solution was to cut the plastic and make it even so it couldn't slide....