Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Regarding the official black Nexus case

Tip us?

Opentang
Old
Thanks Meter 89
My Black Google Nexus 5 case peeled and flaked like crazy after just a few days. Called Google and a full refund was issued, no questions asked nor return of the old case.
Device: Nexus 5 Hammerhead
Bootloader: HHZ11k
Software: CM11 4.4.4
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: CM11

Other Devices: Nexus 4 Mako | Nexus 10 Manta | HTC Ville | HTC Ruby | Nook Tablet | HTC Glacier | HTC HD2 | HTC Magic | HTC Dream

Dropbox Space: 500 MB FREE CLICK HERE!

ahfunaki
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgrhl View Post
The same thing happened to my black official case. Google refunded me no questions asked and told me to keep the case. They said I could order another one, as they said this hasn't been a wide spread issue so I might have just gotten one from a bad batch. So far the replacement one I got (at 25% off) has been fine going on a week. The defective one I had showed peeling within 2 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentang View Post
My Black Google Nexus 5 case peeled and flaked like crazy after just a few days. Called Google and a full refund was issued, no questions asked nor return of the old case.
Just got mine today and one of the corners had some weird brown glue on it. Tried to get it off and it started peeling. Called Google and they did the same for me. Refunded my money and I get to keep the case. Beyond impressed with their customer service...

malibu_23
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Mine fine. Its been over a month. Wipe down every few days

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nexus 10/Galaxy Nexus
Both rooted and customized to my approved level of awesomeness...