Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replica Nexus 4 Bumper Case Review: Old Hotness is the New Hotness!

Tip us?

mimitran
Old
(Last edited by mimitran; 19th July 2014 at 08:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
For the first couple weeks I had it, it was so easy to take off. But now I think it gets stuck on the back cover of the Nexus 5. I practically have to pull it off and it sounds like the back cover has unclipped, but it hasn't.

It has some wear and tear. The silver paint has been coming off on certain areas of the bumper. But I love the bumper nonetheless. I won't hesitate to buy another one when this one craps out on me.

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 969
Hey man! Been out of the game lately lol. Glad you kept up the shopping! I love that you found and tested it out! I'm in for one! Now I hope it still fits in my Seidio belt holster! lol I think it should.
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

cdonald
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I love this case.. My only complaints so far are the headphone cutout hole, as stated in the OP, and the fact that many of my spare micro USB cords don't fit. I've only had the official Nexus 5 one fit for me so far [emoji17]

domo325
Old
(Last edited by domo325; 27th July 2014 at 05:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Any one have this in another color besides black? Looking to buy a white or a red from this seller for my black Nexus 5.

1/7 Colors NEW Metal + TPU Frame Bumper Cover Case For LG Goole Nexus 5

EDIT: Also, I find it better to use a dbrand skin than slickwraps with this frame case. Since the dbrand doesn't cover the entire back, it is easier to remove and install the frame case without wrecking the skin. Since slickwrap skins are designed to cover the whole back of the phone, the skin removes itself when removing the case. Just something I'd like to share. Hope this makes sense.
Current Devices
Apple Ipad Air 32GB
Apple Ipod Touch 5th Gen 32GB
Google Nexus 5 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 16GB+64GB
Tags
bumper case, nexus 4, nexus 5, replica, slim