Ask a question

No registration required

My review on the Lepow Moonstone 6000 power bank

OP speedyink

12th April 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 372

1,460 posts
Hey guys just here to write a review on the Lepow 6000mAh Stone Power Bank. If you'd like to see the unboxing or if reading is hard you may find my video version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvN0...ature=youtu.be

I'll start with the packaging. It's nice looking and simple, with an emphasis on renewable materials. It's kind of nice that they took the effort to do this, as for the price I would have imagined more of a plain cardboard box or worse, that awful plastic packaging. So there's a plus for the packaging. They even threw in a bunch of goodies, which the note inside said was because it was purchased from Amazon. Such goodies included an extra carrying bag, stickers, cord wraps, a suction pad to stick the Power bank to smooth surfaces (yes, I tried, I can stick my Nexus 5 to glossy surfaces if I wanted to =P), a stylus for capacitive screens, a screen cleaner, and a micro SD to USB adapter. It was kind of a nice extra.

On to looks and build quality. I don't get the sense of cheap here..in fact quite the opposite. It's definitely solid, which combined with the shape makes it feel good in the hands. It doesn't creak when stressed, and it certainly doesn't feel like it's gonna fall apart any time soon. It's nice too look at as well. If you're into the clean modern look than you'll probably like it as well. It also comes with a flat style USB to Micro USB cable, and a fabric carrying pouch.

Without further adieu let's talk about the good stuff, performance. First off, there's two ports, one standard charge and one quick charge, which charge at 1.2 Amps or 2.1 Amps respectively. I don't own a tablet or anything, so I don't have much use for the 2.1 Amp port, but it's nice to know it's there if I need it. Both ports I tried were pretty much like charging my phone plugged into the wall. There's a handy charge remaining button which lights up 4 lights, depending on remaining charge. This is probably standard but it's still a handy thing to have. As we all probably know, the Nexus 5 has a 2300mAh battery. Being a 6000mAh power bank it performs exactly as expected. Discharging to 20% or less and charging to full with the phone on, and unplugged as soon as I noticed it finished, I was able to get about 2 and a half charges. I was left with about 68% on the remaining half charge.

So, would I recommend it? Well, considering it's 20 bucks on Amazon at the time of this writing, I'd definitely say so. Considering for that price you get a good quality power supply, with a bunch of little goodies, all of which packed in renewable materials, so you can even feel good about it. I'm happy with it anyways.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4177.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	2681336  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speedyink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread