XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Review] Nillkin Tempered Glass Screen Protector [ 1 2

Tip us?

Nhan Lam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Info 2 [Review] Nillkin Tempered Glass Screen Protector [ 1 2

I ordered 2 packs of the Nillkin glass screen protector from Dx-box last week and it arrive yesterday.
Here's my review:
They're well packed. The glass is attached to a hard plastic so it minimize the risk of breaking. I was so excited putting on and didn't take picture of the package. The glass is quite hard, but still bendable. Edges and cutouts for mic/sensors are rounded.
The process putting on is very easy and it feels just like N5 glass.
I don't know why but it seems to have the same bubble problem as the Spigen glass. I think they did not put enough adhesive on.
Mine only has one bubble on the bottom of the screen (on the right of LED notf. light). Visible but not a problem since I love the feel very much,

Link to album:
http://imgur.com/a/nSY3R
Current device : Nexus 5
Retired : Motorola Milestone - Samsung Galaxy S - Motorola Atrix 4G - Sony Xperia X10 - Motorola Xoom - Galaxy Nexus - Nexus 4

nkgangew
Old
(Last edited by nkgangew; 28th December 2013 at 06:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhan Lam View Post
I ordered 2 packs of the Nillkin glass screen protector from Dx-box last week and it arrive yesterday.
Here's my review:
They're well packed. The glass is attached to a hard plastic so it minimize the risk of breaking. I was so excited putting on and didn't take picture of the package. The glass is quite hard, but still bendable. Edges and cutouts for mic/sensors are rounded.
The process putting on is very easy and it feels just like N5 glass.
I don't know why but it seems to have the same bubble problem as the Spigen glass. I think they did not put enough adhesive on.
Mine only has one bubble on the bottom of the screen (on the right of LED notf. light). Visible but not a problem since I love the feel very much,

Link to album:
http://imgur.com/a/nSY3R
I had the same issue. I tried to run with it for a few days even though I can't stand bubbles. Anyways, I ended up having to take it off because after 3 days the edges started to get pushed up from my cruzerliite case.
The protector showed promise, especially with the price. But it doesn't adhere well and bubbles appear regardless of how well you prepare it for installation (I work at an AT&T and so I had every screen prep at my disposal...and of course putting on screen protectors is a daily thing for me so user error isn't too common.

bleuiko
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You guys should try compressing the bubble down for about 30-60 minutes each spot using a binder clip (one of those black ones) . Be sure to protect the phone and screen by using a microfiber wipe between it (the one that comes with protector works well).

I've installed 3 screens already, and they all started with bubbles. After the binder clips, these protectors are perfect. If it matters, I used the hinge method for install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 4. Finally. Nexus 5 !!!