Default [Review] Noreve Perpétuelle Leather Case (Noir)

Hi XDA,

Time for another case review, again courtesy of the lovely people over at Noreve. In total this will be my 9th Noreve case review, so I am pretty familiar with their quality and style by now.

Noreve are known for their high quality leather cases, and what's even better is that they come with a ton of customization options a lot of other companies simply do not offer, especially with genuine leather.

As always, the case comes in a very nice box :

And once you open the box, you are greeted with a very handsome, velvety cloth pouch, to protect the case. Inside that of course is the case itself. I have always loved this touch and attention to detail from Noreve.

Once out of the pouch, you are greeted with that unmistakable smell of premium, genuine leather. This is what the case looks like :

And here is a shot just below installation, side by side with the Nexus 5 :

Installation is very simple, it just snaps into place very easily. However it's also very secure, I've never had one of these cases where the grip failed the phone and accidentally came off. In fact, a friend of mine dropped his Galaxy S3 while he was riding on his motorcycle and the case was still gripping the phone tightly. The case got a few scruffs, but the phone was unharmed.

Here is the case in it's open state, where you can see the Noreve branding on the inside. The case also has a magnetic closure which is very nice and works well :

Here are a few shots of the sides. There are easy access to all the ports and buttons, such as the volume rocker, power button, micro USB connector and headphone jack.

Here is a shot of the back of the case. The camera cutout is perfect.

And finally, a casual picture with the Nexus 5 installed and ready for action.

My one gripe about the case is that the LED indicator cutout is not aligned perfectly with the LED, it's a bit off. Noreve should look out for things like this in the future and make sure it's exact, as I'm sure a lot of people (including myself) care about small details such as this.

Overall, I am very pleased with the case. It provides great protection against just about anything, and it just looks fantastic. For those of you who are sick of cheap plastic cases which feel like, well, cheap plastic, then this may be a good alternative. There is just something about leather that makes me keep coming back to Noreve, and they never disappoint.

The cases are a bit on the expensive side. This one in particular retails for 46 Euros, and prices vary depending on which finish and stitching options you order one with. They offer free worldwide shipping with DHL though, so that's a major plus. I got my case in about 3 days, which is excellent.

All in all, I would say that it's well worth the money as you get what you pay for.

Here is a link to their product page for those of you who are interested. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, just let me know and I will be happy to direct them to the Noreve team.

Also, Noreve is looking for people to review the cases they will be making for the Galaxy S5 and Sony Z2 once they are released. If any of you would be interested in reviewing those cases, just send me a private message and I will hook you up.

Cheers.