Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Review] SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive -OTG

Tip us?

kashif-khan1919
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Post Do we need root acces to use this ?

Hi.. i have bought this and it works great on my samsung phones. Just wanted to know whether we need root access to use usb-otg on my Nexus 5.

Thanks

Mikulec
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashif-khan1919 View Post
Hi.. i have bought this and it works great on my samsung phones. Just wanted to know whether we need root access to use usb-otg on my Nexus 5.

Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36&postcount=3

Btw, I am using this Kingston datatraveler microduo 32gb otg. Looks better than Sandisk.

HTC TYTN II --> HTC HD2 --> HTC Desire --> Samsung Galaxy S --> Samsung Galaxy S II --> Samsung Galaxy S III --> LG Nexus 4 --> LG Nexus 5

bharat.dagr8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey. I purchased an OTG USB but it's just not getting detected when I connect it to the device. I downloaded the software but its obviously of no use unless the device acknowledges the USB. Pls help..

NITRO_100
Old
Thanks Meter 682

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.dagr8 View Post
Hey. I purchased an OTG USB but it's just not getting detected when I connect it to the device. I downloaded the software but its obviously of no use unless the device acknowledges the USB. Pls help..
Download stickmount from store and mount it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Moto Defy CM10 (red) [28.11.2012] by Quarx / MotoInspired Theme / V6 Supercharged

HTC One X / powered by lONELyX

NEXUS 5 / Stock / Xposed / ElementalX

miskokupuje
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey! Is it possible to save my downloaded Songs from my spotify premium account on that? And if so, is it also possible to play those Songs immediatly ? AS i'm just having the 16 GB nexus 5 i'm pretty limited about my downloaded playlist and this would be a great help! Thanks for any help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

shhbz
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by miskokupuje View Post
Hey! Is it possible to save my downloaded Songs from my spotify premium account on that? And if so, is it also possible to play those Songs immediatly ? AS i'm just having the 16 GB nexus 5 i'm pretty limited about my downloaded playlist and this would be a great help! Thanks for any help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
well if the usb is mounted it should work just fine to save files and play it along
The Following User Says Thank You to shhbz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]