Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good Savings on Great Brands

Tip us?

kalealex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Good Savings on Great Brands

So, I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid - Slate and a black Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for my Nexus 5 and only paid $13 CAD off of Amazon.
How is this? I'm not being a shill, but if you apply for the Amazon credit card, you get $20 immediately from your purchase if you're approved. So I was contemplating between these two (as they had both been highly rated) and saw that the cheapest way to do so was via this route and got 2 great cases for very cheap. Thought I would let you guys know about it so you can also save some coin. Not sure when this expires but I will also update when I get them and review for myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalealex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfen69
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalealex View Post
Not sure when this expires
This offer has been going on for a long time. I did it months ago. Spigen cases are OK, but I prefer the Ringke cases.

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4
Nexus 5

Going to buy: Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus to complete the Nexus collection.

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Yeah this offer has been around forever. Ever since I started using Amazon years ago they always offer it. The thing is, getting an additional credit card just so you can get $20 off of one purchase isn't a great reason. IMO you should get a credit card for other reasons such as interest %. Of course I'm sure there are other benefits when buying things on amazon using their card so if you do a ton of shopping on amazon it might be worth it.

Enhanced
Old
Thanks Meter 255
If you were going to open an Amazon credit card anyways, then sure this makes sense. But applying for and carrying credit cards do have an affect on your credit rating. I'm not going to pretend I know the extent of how much it affects it, but just don't think that you can do this with impunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enhanced For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kalealex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enhanced View Post
If you were going to open an Amazon credit card anyways, then sure this makes sense. But applying for and carrying credit cards do have an affect on your credit rating. I'm not going to pretend I know the extent of how much it affects it, but just don't think that you can do this with impunity.
If you already have a house, a car, and an empty credit line, and always use a credit card as a charge card (read: not racking up credit, and paying it off at the end of the month), there is absolutely no harm in taking advantage of a monetary opportunity. If you know you have a good credit score, there is no reason not to indulge in these things.
I was just giving others, who did not know about this (as I hadn't), a chance.

Enhanced
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalealex View Post
If you already have a house, a car, and an empty credit line, and always use a credit card as a charge card (read: not racking up credit, and paying it off at the end of the month), there is absolutely no harm in taking advantage of a monetary opportunity. If you know you have a good credit score, there is no reason not to indulge in these things.
I was just giving others, who did not know about this (as I hadn't), a chance.
Yeah, that's a lot of ifs that you didn't address in your original post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kalealex
Old
(Last edited by kalealex; 16th June 2014 at 02:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enhanced View Post
Yeah, that's a lot of ifs that you didn't address in your original post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I'm just simply saying that if your credit score is decent, be pragmatic about it and you can save some money without issue. That is all.