Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Good Savings on Great Brands

12th June 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #1  
kalealex's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
So, I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid - Slate and a black Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for my Nexus 5 and only paid $13 CAD off of Amazon.
How is this? I'm not being a shill, but if you apply for the Amazon credit card, you get $20 immediately from your purchase if you're approved. So I was contemplating between these two (as they had both been highly rated) and saw that the cheapest way to do so was via this route and got 2 great cases for very cheap. Thought I would let you guys know about it so you can also save some coin. Not sure when this expires but I will also update when I get them and review for myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalealex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
wolfen69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 204
 
685 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalealex

Not sure when this expires

This offer has been going on for a long time. I did it months ago. Spigen cases are OK, but I prefer the Ringke cases.
12th June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Yeah this offer has been around forever. Ever since I started using Amazon years ago they always offer it. The thing is, getting an additional credit card just so you can get $20 off of one purchase isn't a great reason. IMO you should get a credit card for other reasons such as interest %. Of course I'm sure there are other benefits when buying things on amazon using their card so if you do a ton of shopping on amazon it might be worth it.
12th June 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #4  
Enhanced's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 268
 
1,076 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
If you were going to open an Amazon credit card anyways, then sure this makes sense. But applying for and carrying credit cards do have an affect on your credit rating. I'm not going to pretend I know the extent of how much it affects it, but just don't think that you can do this with impunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enhanced For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
kalealex's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enhanced

If you were going to open an Amazon credit card anyways, then sure this makes sense. But applying for and carrying credit cards do have an affect on your credit rating. I'm not going to pretend I know the extent of how much it affects it, but just don't think that you can do this with impunity.

If you already have a house, a car, and an empty credit line, and always use a credit card as a charge card (read: not racking up credit, and paying it off at the end of the month), there is absolutely no harm in taking advantage of a monetary opportunity. If you know you have a good credit score, there is no reason not to indulge in these things.
I was just giving others, who did not know about this (as I hadn't), a chance.
15th June 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #6  
Enhanced's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 268
 
1,076 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalealex

If you already have a house, a car, and an empty credit line, and always use a credit card as a charge card (read: not racking up credit, and paying it off at the end of the month), there is absolutely no harm in taking advantage of a monetary opportunity. If you know you have a good credit score, there is no reason not to indulge in these things.
I was just giving others, who did not know about this (as I hadn't), a chance.

Yeah, that's a lot of ifs that you didn't address in your original post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #7  
kalealex's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enhanced

Yeah, that's a lot of ifs that you didn't address in your original post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm just simply saying that if your credit score is decent, be pragmatic about it and you can save some money without issue. That is all.
Last edited by kalealex; 16th June 2014 at 02:48 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes