XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Screen Protector] SPIGEN GLAStR Nano Slim Tempered Glass

Tip us?

VireshRamcharan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaimonCJ View Post
There's no reason to expect any screen protector would save a phone from a drop. Screen protectors are meant for preventing the glass from being scratched. If the drop is sufficient to damage the screen, I strongly feel it would damage the screen through a 0.4mm sheet of glass overlaying your screen.

Cases, however, are what you use to protect phones from drops.
well who to believe? both of you say somrthing different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.spec View Post
It depends on how it falls obviously, but I'd say chances are pretty good that the glass screen protector would be cracked or chipped after a fall, especially onto a hard surface like concrete. I have the GLAS.t on my N5 and like you I prefer no case and am very careful with my phone. But even just casual daily use, the screen protector has chipped, and it's been the case with several others too (spanning a variety of different brands as well).

So I would proceed with caution and really consider if it's worth sinking the money into. That being said, if the screen protector chips or cracks after a fall, it's taking damage that would otherwise be applied to your phone, which is its purpose to begin with.

b.spec
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by VireshRamcharan View Post
well who to believe? both of you say somrthing different.
I'd say SaimonCJ has a point, by no means should anyone using ONLY a screen protector expect their phone (including the screen) to come out a drop unscathed. Based on experience, I had one drop that was from my pocket onto a tile floor, and it landed screen first but my phone came out of that just fine. It really depends on so many factors though. I do think that quality screen protectors will absorb the impact instead of the screen it's covering, but obviously to an extent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b.spec For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VireshRamcharan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
aha, okay.
i guess I will buy that thick (0.4mm) spigen glass then.

anyhow, i want to make a thread about getting my stock virgin never touched before samsung I9001 to 4.2.2 with cyanogen.. Anyone knows where to ask it? those guides are so hard for me, so many new terminology, im a HORRIBLE noob in the android despite i own android devices for 2 years now.

Sorry im new to this forum

KTT16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
If you want to get your Samsung on cm11, gotta find your device on xda or on YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
LG Nexus 5
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Franco

KTT16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Default After 2 months...

Hey guys, just wanted to update you with the performance of the tempered glass protector. I have no bubbles, cracks, or chips. Granted I baby the crap out of my phone..usually keep it on a cloth or in a pocket without anything else in it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4507.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	2606712   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4508.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	2606713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4509.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	2606714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4510.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	2606715  
LG Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTT16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTT16 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to update you with the performance of the tempered glass protector. I have no bubbles, cracks, or chips. Granted I baby the crap out of my phone..usually keep it on a cloth or in a pocket without anything else in it...
Are you using it naked all the time or w/ case my GLAS.T with a Caseology TPU case kept pushing the glass on the left corner and eventually it cracked from a drop. ( Thank god not the screen )

Do you experience the same bubble issue with the thinner Tr?
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

KTT16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Are you using it naked all the time or w/ case my GLAS.T with a Caseology TPU case kept pushing the glass on the left corner and eventually it cracked from a drop. ( Thank god not the screen )

Do you experience the same bubble issue with the thinner Tr?
When I noticed my cruzerlite case was pushing the glass up on the bottom left corner, I decided that I would go without it. No case feels so good!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
LG Nexus 5

Tags
nexus 5, screen protector, spigen, tempered glass