Seidio Dilex Case

Tip us?

MoonDoom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Seidio Dilex Case

Hey XDA,

I recently ordered this case to replace my Ringke Fusion (which I both like and hate) and hopefully I will like it enough to keep it as my long term case. I haven't noticed much as far as reviews for this particular case so I was thinking of doing one for it. I have a new qi charger coming with it so I should be able to test that and see if it adversely affects the glass screen protector I have on right now. If anyone out there is interested in pictures of the case on the phone or anything like that, let me know and I'll do my best to include them when I review it on Thursday, I'm a little bit of a case junkie and typically try out several for my phones during their life time, but this is the first higher end case I'll have for the N5 and I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

Seidio Product Page

moonDOOM

RED ZMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Probably no real reviews of this case because they're already well-known. Others have already posted, and I'll back it up, Qi wireless charging works perfectly with it. Simply the best cases you can buy. Also, the holsters are pretty fantastic.

Samsung Galaxy S III Pebble Blue - CM10.1 Masta Mix - TWRP 2.5.0.0
Nexus 7 (In Dashboard) - Timur's USB ROM - CM10.1 Based - TWRP 2.5.0.0
HTC Rezound - Unlocked - NeWts zOnE XxX RLS 3.2.1 - Selling!
HTC Evo View 4g - S-Off CG Rom RC2.2 AOKP
Galaxy Tab 7 2 - CM 10.1 Nightlies
ASUS Transformer - Team EOS 4 (4.2.2) Nightlies - K.A.T. Kernel
Galaxy Tab 7 - 4.1.1 - Sapir Nightlies - Retired
Droid X - CM7 Rev Numbers GB Nightlies - Still works!
G1 - CM6 - Still works!

MoonDoom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I got the case in today and as apparently everyone knows already, this case is quality made. I previously had a Ringke fusion case on my N5 and liked being able to see the nexus logo, but hated the tpu layer and how the back collected dust every time it was put into a pocket. I decided to go with a more traditional 2 layer case and I thought that the Seidio Dilex looked the best out of the ones currently available.

Pros:

- After seeing the product in person, I'm immediately sold on this design. The case is much darker black than it appears on the website (bright lighting in their product photos) and the rubberized coating on the PC layer is the classic silky smooth texture that Seidio is known for and has used for years. On a side note, the other colors are actually really nice looking too if you prefer something other than black and it looks like they have the same texture coating. The case feels really good in hand because of the soft texture and the silicone actually feels really similar.
- The kickstand also adds just a little weight to the bottom of the phone and makes it somewhat easier to balance, hold and manipulate with one hand. Speaking of the kickstand, it's actually aluminum instead of plastic which is a nice touch. The best part is that the kickstand is spring loaded (slightly) to the outward position but also contains a magnet to hold it securely in place when not in use. It appears to be pretty well attached to the case so hopefully it will hold up over time.
- The ports are all pretty well lined up with the cutouts and they seem big enough to accommodate most cables.
- Qi charging works just fine, at least on the cheap chinese one I also got in today. NFC doesn't appear to be affected either, although I only tried once.
- I'm currently using a Nillkin glass screen protector and it appears that the silicone is soft enough not to interfere with the edges of the screen protector. May not be the same with other brands.

Cons:

- The only thing I can think of is that because the outer layer only presses the edges in the middle and corners, the silicone seems to be a little loose or saggy inbetween the "arms" of the outer shell. I'm hoping that settles into place over time but if it catches on my pockets too much, it might actually get worse.
- The sticky texture is great for grip, but also picks up a lot of dust, but that's not news to anyone who has used a silicone case before.

In conclusion, I'd probably give this case 4.7 out of 5 stars. I like just about everything about it but I wish the silicone they used was just a little less pliable.

Pictures of the Case

Sorry, I know the pictures are garbage (I had to take them with my old phone so the N5 could be in the case) but I'd be happy to answer any questions y'all might have.

moonDOOM
The Following User Says Thank You to MoonDoom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoatsTech
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Looks real nice little too thick for my taste though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 178
This looks almost exactly like the generic thick kickstand cases that are being sold under various brands at various prices.
W32
Tags
seidio case