Ask a question

No registration required

Slimmest Grippiest case?

OP ej8989

19th April 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 439

1,292 posts
I finally want to settle down to a grippy yet very slim case. I was eyeng the quicksand cases but I think they're slippery. I've had the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and Diztronic Matte but they're slippery. I'm now stuck on the capdase xpose black. It's slim but also slippery.
Suggestions? Thanks.
19th April 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989

I finally want to settle down to a grippy yet very slim case. I was eyeng the quicksand cases but I think they're slippery. I've had the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and Diztronic Matte but they're slippery. I'm now stuck on the capdase xpose black. It's slim but also slippery.
Suggestions? Thanks.

Try this one:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best case I've ever had. Slim and grippy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dlewczyk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

72 posts
You can get those quicksand cases for .99 cents on eBay ....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky_Slevin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 352

1,457 posts
More
Quicksand case has the best grip for a slim case. The bearmotion is the same as the non-branded eBay version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #5  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 999

806 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989

Suggestions? Thanks.

I don't think you'll find any slim cases that have more grip than the Quicksand cases. If you're speaking of strictly slim hardcases, they're basically the best there is for grip. The texture and material make for a case that isn't slippery.

The only other option would be to move to something more tacky/sticky. That would be more like a shiny TPU case, or something rubberish. But then it is no longer very slim.

I think you should give a Quicksand case a shot. I linked to a review thread I did, and there is a lot of pictures/discussion there.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 27

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON

I don't think you'll find any slim cases that have more grip than the Quicksand cases. If you're speaking of strictly slim hardcases, they're basically the best there is for grip. The texture and material make for a case that isn't slippery.

The only other option would be to move to something more tacky/sticky. That would be more like a shiny TPU case, or something rubberish. But then it is no longer very slim.

I think you should give a Quicksand case a shot. I linked to a review thread I did, and there is a lot of pictures/discussion there.

This is spot on. I liked the grip, but with no protection for the top/bottom edges, you can crack your screen on a drop with the quicksand. I also wanted slim+grip and eventually wound up happiest with an old school silicone rubber case from ebay. Go figure, smh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Sof...936404634?var=

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to chevlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 14

88 posts
Glue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gipjoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 76

238 posts
Been there, done that
29th April 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 387

1,827 posts
More
I would recommend the Nillkin Frosted. There's a small lip to protect screen, it's thin, color choices, looks better than the sand cases and it's grippy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to floepie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 186

602 posts
More
My vote goes to the Ringke Fusion Crystal View case. It's fairly slim, clear, and the sides are a soft TPU type material. No problems with grip. http://www.amazon.com/PROTECTION-FUS...rystal+nexus+5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread