Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slimmest Grippiest case?

Tip us?

ej8989
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 410
Default Slimmest Grippiest case?

I finally want to settle down to a grippy yet very slim case. I was eyeng the quicksand cases but I think they're slippery. I've had the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and Diztronic Matte but they're slippery. I'm now stuck on the capdase xpose black. It's slim but also slippery.
Suggestions? Thanks.
PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: Mahdi 2.7 [4.4.4]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control
Root / Unbrick / Return to stock: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Dead
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Speedmod Kitkat 4.4.2

Dlewczyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989 View Post
I finally want to settle down to a grippy yet very slim case. I was eyeng the quicksand cases but I think they're slippery. I've had the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and Diztronic Matte but they're slippery. I'm now stuck on the capdase xpose black. It's slim but also slippery.
Suggestions? Thanks.
Try this one:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best case I've ever had. Slim and grippy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dlewczyk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lucky_Slevin
Old
Thanks Meter 16
You can get those quicksand cases for .99 cents on eBay ....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky_Slevin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quicksand case has the best grip for a slim case. The bearmotion is the same as the non-branded eBay version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989 View Post
Suggestions? Thanks.
I don't think you'll find any slim cases that have more grip than the Quicksand cases. If you're speaking of strictly slim hardcases, they're basically the best there is for grip. The texture and material make for a case that isn't slippery.

The only other option would be to move to something more tacky/sticky. That would be more like a shiny TPU case, or something rubberish. But then it is no longer very slim.

I think you should give a Quicksand case a shot. I linked to a review thread I did, and there is a lot of pictures/discussion there.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chevlar
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON View Post
I don't think you'll find any slim cases that have more grip than the Quicksand cases. If you're speaking of strictly slim hardcases, they're basically the best there is for grip. The texture and material make for a case that isn't slippery.

The only other option would be to move to something more tacky/sticky. That would be more like a shiny TPU case, or something rubberish. But then it is no longer very slim.

I think you should give a Quicksand case a shot. I linked to a review thread I did, and there is a lot of pictures/discussion there.
This is spot on. I liked the grip, but with no protection for the top/bottom edges, you can crack your screen on a drop with the quicksand. I also wanted slim+grip and eventually wound up happiest with an old school silicone rubber case from ebay. Go figure, smh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Sof...936404634?var=

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to chevlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gipjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Glue
Black LG Nexus 5 16 GB : Vanir Aosp, Linaro Kernel undervolted to 700, Updated Aderno drivers, and Jinshu camera

Shrek is love, Shrek is life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gipjoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oifi
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Been there, done that

floepie
Old
Thanks Meter 338
I would recommend the Nillkin Frosted. There's a small lip to protect screen, it's thin, color choices, looks better than the sand cases and it's grippy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
XDA needs a "2nd Post Wiki" automatically generated in each thread. Such a thread wiki has proven effective on other sites to cut down on useless thread clutter and questions which have been answered repeatedly. The idea is simple. A community-editable wiki is inserted immediately beneath the OP to address current issues relating to the topic. Most OP/devs don't have the time to continually update their OP to address ongoing issues. Let's let the community do that for them!
The Following User Says Thank You to floepie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfen69
Old
Thanks Meter 157
My vote goes to the Ringke Fusion Crystal View case. It's fairly slim, clear, and the sides are a soft TPU type material. No problems with grip. http://www.amazon.com/PROTECTION-FUS...rystal+nexus+5

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4
Nexus 5

Going to buy: Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus to complete the Nexus collection.